At Alternative Payments, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the financial industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Alternative Payments is an EU licensed payment institution with offices in Vilnius (Lithuania), Los Angeles (USA), and Novi Sad (Serbia). It is the leading FinTech company that provides cross-border payment and banking solutions for the global eCommerce industry.
With more than 20 years of experience, Alternative Payments remains one of the most innovative and fastest growing financial institutions providing local payment methods and SEPA processing solutions.
Senior Compliance Officer
Location: Novi Sad
The Senior Compliance Officer will lead the the company’s compliance function and enable it to carry out its responsibilities in an adequate and permanent manner. The key responsibilities are managing and maintaining the organization’s obligations as it relates to the supervision and reporting of money laundering activities. The job of the Senior Compliance Officer is to ensure that the institution is not exposed to criminal risk, and does not inadvertently facilitate financial crime.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Legal, Human Resources etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Respond to alleged violations of the organization’s AML rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required. Conduct needed reports - aggregation reports, due diligence, STRs, SARs as per organization’s AML policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a risk assessment framework for products and services, clients and customers, and other issues relating to money laundering.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risks; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Keep and maintain records of high risk customers, and report suspicious activities to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Work closely with the other Legal, Compliance professionals to support AML / Sanction, Privacy, Information Security, risk management, and other compliance areas to meet European regulatory requirements.
- Arrange and implement inspections and audits from third-party organizations, and make compliance recommendations based on the findings.
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop or oversee an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees, agents and managers, as well as ongoing training for all employees, agents and managers.
- Research and implement training programs based on employees position.
- The Senior Compliance Officer must have considerable experience and understanding of the financial and regulatory landscape, and of relevant risk management strategies. This knowledge and expertise should go beyond internal AML systems and controls, and extend to methodologies of money laundering (and it’s associated criminal activities), and to the potential risk posed by certain customers and clients. AML compliance is a constantly evolving field, which means the Senior Compliance Officer’s expertise should reflect the current regulatory climate.
- Given the importance of an institution’s AML compliance program, the Senior Compliance Officer is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of financial policy and procedures, and in the methodologies of financial crime.
- Management skills, ability to run complex projects and across multiple geographies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Finance Industry holding BSA/AML Compliance related position(s)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
What we offer:
- Permanent employment
- 25 Vacation Days per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive salaries and conditions
- Working in an international team
- Pleasant working environment
- Pet friendly office space
- Working location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter in English.
We appreciate your interest in our company, but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 20.11.2019.