SENIOR F2P GAME DESIGNER
Take your career to the next level by joining our studio in Bucharest. Bandai Namco Entertainment Romania is looking for an experienced game designer to advance our growing Romanian operation.
Why Bandai Namco Entertainment Romania? Because we are a great team, that has a vision of growth, and is always aiming for the top. We want you to join us in the creation of the next AAA game for the mobile platform!
We’re looking for a Senior Free-to-Play Game Designer to shape the design of an exciting new project, someone with a strong background in mobile free-to-play gaming, a solid understanding of the market and the free to play model.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing games, must be assertive enough to stand behind and push for the product vision, and yet be able to adapt design based on customer response, market data analysis and/or management feedback.
Your position includes the following responsibilities:
- Shepherd products from concepts to production, soft launch and through live ops;
- Review current design, define, develop new game design and tune elements following key metrics from game data analysts, input from the product manager, user testing, production, artists and engineers;
- Create all product documentation related to game design including product pitch and GDD;
- Prototype ideas using the tools provided;
- Effectively articulate the vision and goals to team members, support teams and management;
- Evaluate all feedback and incorporate or refute relevant ideas with sound reasoning/data;
- Provide critique in a constructive manner on all projects in the studio, coming up with suggestions and solutions to improve them.
- Reference: QkNkkSSozsAj7hbNak-nirQH4viCO2nRJ2SXxRqeLok.
- Years of professional game design experience from concept design to shipping the game, with a proven success in mobile gaming;
- 3+ free-to-play mobile games full cycle – from concept to live operations;
- Thorough understanding of the free to play business models for mobile games;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts;
- Expertise at solving problems through collaboration, consensus, and prioritization;
- Excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner;
- Proven ability of writing, communicating and maintaining game design documentation throughout the project life cycle;
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for playing and creating games in all forms;
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills;
- Previous experience in an Agile environment;
- Experience with mentoring other Game Designers or a lead position;
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Experience working with a commercial engine (Unity, Unreal, etc.).
You are a great fit if you are eager to work in an international, multicultural environment; the initiative to learn and develop beyond what’s expected for the position is also a huge plus.
- A very motivating salary package;
- Private medical insurance and meal tickets;
- Great office location - access to subway and public transportation; very close to downtown Bucharest;
- Gym facilities with very good access;
- A creative atmosphere.
If you think we are a match for one another, send us your resume and we will get back to you shortly! Please, bear in mind that this position is in Bucharest and cannot be done remotely; Bandai Namco would therefore help you with the relocation and the process of settling down in a new environment.