Senior Linux Engineer (DevOps)
Who we are
With Headquarters in Zug, Switzerland and offices around the world, Mitto’s agile approach, trusted mobile operator relationships and carrier-grade SMS Messaging platform improve conversions and increase the speed and reliability of global mobile communications for the world’s largest OTTs, Enterprise and Mobile Operators.
Mitto has a singular mission – to provide our customers with the most reliable, robust SMS Messaging service in the industry. That’s why technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our in-house team of developers make up more than a third of our staff and between them have designed a platform that guarantees our customers’ SMS messages get to the right person, at the right time, in the right place - in the most cost effective way possible.
Mitto is looking for a talented Linux engineer with extensive experience to join the team located in Belgrade. The ideal candidate will be a technical person acting as a subject matter expert responsible for the availability, stability and scalability of Mitto’s system infrastructure, within the technical areas: Linux server management, virtualization, databases, monitoring and notifications, configuration management, and security. As Senior Linux engineer, you will be part of a dynamic and passionate team that is striving to deliver highly available and scalable solutions using both mature and cutting edge technologies.
- Multiple years of professional experience with maintaining Linux based systems
- Deep knowledge in configuration management systems (Puppet), knowledge and experience with Ansible is a plus
- Provisioning and experience with Foreman as a lifecycle management tool
- Strong scripting skillset - Bash or Python
- Knowledge of version control systems - Git preferred
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, databases, caching and load balancers
- Experience with Virtualization technologies - experience with Proxmox is a plus
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with experienced engineers
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and work on projects with the DevOps team
- Very good command of English is required
- Reference: Wg0Cz2mv1F32-UretFQNnAfOjMSVQul5P5Gmb60w3jE.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of monitoring systems and time series databases (Prometheus or InfluxDB)
- Experience with Galera Cluster setup
- Provide track record of working with cloud solutions (AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge and experience with Docker
- Experience with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes or Docker Swarm)
- In-depth knowledge of security practices and tools (firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems)
- Experience with setting up, using and maintaining the Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Monitor, manage and maintain the stability, scalability and performance of Mitto’s system infrastructure
- Diagnose problems detected by our systems and work quickly to resolve them
- Improve the scalability and reliance of our systems
- Creation of procedures and documentation for the company’s infrastructure operations
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Take part in complex, innovative projects used by highly recognizable brands and clients
- Open and dynamic working culture in a fast-growing company
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a supporting, stimulating and friendly work environment
- Responsibility for your own field of work from day one