We are looking for:
Senior Network Engineer
As Senior Network Engineer you would be providing technical expertise in day to day issues while also actively participating in projects, research and develop new tools and processes for network infrastructure, in order to ensure maximum network performance and availability both to internal and external customers.
- Position is full time; 40 hours per week of work
- Working hours are Monday to Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.in summer and from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in winter
If you have the following:
- Sc. degree preferred and/or CCNP Certification. Four years’ experience in Enterprise Networks.
- Experience with LAN/WAN enterprise hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Switching, Security, VPN and MPLS.
- Extensive knowledge of DDoS Protection systems.
- Strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients.
And possibly the following:
- Interest in additional Network Related training
- Knowledge Microsoft Family of Products
- Knowledge of Linux Platforms
- Knowledge of scripting
Then this is what your day will look like:
- you’d be responsible for network operations and maintenance of all systems to ensure compliance with CWIE guidelines.
- you’ll be overseeing all network operation changes and other submittals to ensure procedures and guidelines are followed and that changes are documented.
- you’ll be actively involved in projects led by the Architecture Department and/or Network Services Management team.
- you’ll be reporting to the Project Management team when required.
- hopefully, you’ll be striving for continuous improvement to ensure that the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security and availability.
- you’ll be working under the guidance of the Director of Network Engineering and Network Services Manager ensure that all systems are correctly integrated.
- you’ll be approving system testing and commissioning plans with Internal Support and Security to ensure responsibilities are clarified, projects agreed and that decisions are clearly communicated.
- also, you’ll be overseeing technical and operational compliance of all networking systems to ensure that security measures are abided by and to optimize the efficiency of the network.
- you’ll create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records to ensure that everything is recorded, profiles maintained and any maintenance carried out on servers/devices readily traceable, and to keep them running reliably.
- you’ll monitor requests and ticketing system to ensure that network issues are resolved in a timely manner, troubleshoot connectivity issues to minimize downtime.
- you’ll act as 2nd line support function and provide assistance to other employees.
- you’ll participate in an on-call roster
- you’ll utilize network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, alert and measure the performance of network.
- you’ll participate in meetings to provide project updates and accountability.
- you’ll be maintaining effective communications with vendors, peers, and clients in support of assigned projects and initiatives for CWIE and all supported companies.
What we offer:
- Highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting-edge technologies
- Introductory training
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Free soft drinks, fruit, tea, and coffee
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
phoenixNAP® is a global IT services provider offering progressive Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions from locations worldwide. Our bare metal server, cloud, hardware leasing and colocation options are built to meet the evolving technology demands businesses require without sacrificing performance. Scalable OpEx solutions to support with the systems and staff to assist; phoenixNAP global IT services.