Senior PHP Developer
Deploy is a technology agency founded in 2009. in Austin, Texas. We work with agencies, start-ups and product company partners to deliver mission critical technology solutions. We are currently looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our Belgrade team.
The ideal candidate for this role is excited by the challenges of building world-class applications and products for some of the largest companies in the world. Senior Developers must have strong problem-solving abilities as well as the ability to identify risks well before they become issues and proactively work alone or with the team to resolve them. In joining a growing technology company, this is a ground floor opportunity with significant growth potential for the right candidate to join a great team.
- Responsible for producing clean, high quality and standards compliant code
- Accurately estimate hours and project time needs, actively participate in requirements definition
- Proactively identify potential project issues and risks
- Proactively identify mitigation strategies where needed and follow through to minimize risks and negative impact
- Prioritize day-to-day tasks to align with key project milestones and communicate any potential to miss deadlines early on
- Work as a part of team
- Produce, update and/or maintain accurate project documentation
- Stay on top of industry trends and standards in enterprise web applications
- 3+ years experience in a hands-on role in PHP development
- Advanced programming skills and a very strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Experience with common PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Zend, CodeIgniter, Symphony
- Strong experience working with relational databases as well as hands on experience with SQL and database schema design
- Ability to understand project specifications and adapt to various technologies and frameworks
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience with PHP CMS: Magento, Drupal
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or computer engineering
- Strong experience with highly scalable server side development
Deploy is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).