About the Role:
WSP’s Renewables Energy team is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Wind Energy Engineer based in Belgrade who will be a senior technical consultant for utility scale wind energy projects in the UK, Southeast Europe and internationally.
A typical week would include:
- Managing and providing high quality technical advisory works;
- Provide technical input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility of a wind energy project from a yield and technology perspective;
- Review overall project design and suggest technical and design improvements;
- Preparation and management of specifications, tendering, negotiation and selection of Balance of Plant, Operation & Maintenance or EPC and other supply contracts;
- Technical review/negotiate key construction contracts for, and alongside, clients;
- Due diligence of wind farm projects and support Sponsor(s) and Lender(s) throughout the Financial Close process including technical liaison with legal and financial advisors;
- Risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk as well as internal WSP risk management;
- Assessing technical risks and proposing mitigation strategies to reduce risk exposure in project CAPEX, OPEX and revenues;
- Monitoring project construction and acceptance including site visits and commissioning supervision; and
- Assist with and/or conduct any other necessary aspects of a project that fall within the discipline of the role
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- An in-depth knowledge and field expertise regarding wind energy technologies including emerging technologies and the international markets for these technologies.
- MSc diploma in Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering
- Mix of Southeast Europe and international experience preferred, including international wind energy project development and delivery experience.
- Past experience of at least 7 years of covering a range of wind farm lifecycle delivery, including a selection of the following activities:
- Feasibility and development engineering;
- Wind metrological data collection and analysis;
- Wind Energy yield assessments;
- Wind Site suitability assessments;
- Layout and design;
- Wind Specification preparation;
- Wind contract reviews (EPC, BOP, O&M, PPA, GCA);
- Wind construction monitoring;
- Performance monitoring and operational monitoring / inspections).
- Technical advisory experience towards investors, project developers and banks.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 22 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
Ogranak WSP UK Ltd
WSP is a globally recognized professional services firm employing approximately 48,000 people. We welcomed 5,000 experts from ten different acquisitions in 2017, adding to existing expertise in all our operating regions. The largest team to join us was Opus International Consultants Limited, a 3,000-employee professional services firm headquartered in New Zealand, with additional offices in Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. A major highlight of the year was our corporate…Više o poslodavcu