Service Desk Specialist - Tier 1
Betagy is seeking a Tier 1 (T1) Service Desk Specialist for 24x7x365 service desk support for our customers. This position will report directly to the Service Desk Lead (SDL) or the IT Director. In order to more effectively achieve its mission objectives, the incumbent must log and follow up on all incidents, communicate with our customers effectively and in professional manner, provide daily monitoring tasks to ensure systems are operating with optimal performance, security, and usability. In addition, the candidate will conduct all necessary Service Desk support activities to ensure systems are strong, robust, and perform up to standard.
The Service Desk Specialist will: Provide basic system support and professional customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms, use a ticketing system to document and create all incoming Incident and Service Requests (SR), add articles to general knowledge base, monitor production applications, servers and network using a combination of monitoring tools to ensure high availability, troubleshoot T1 issues and advise on appropriate action, ensure prompt resolution of issues, escalate more complex issues to Tier 2 or SDL, track all issues to closure, respond to user requests via phone, chat and email.
The work hours for this position are based on a 24/7 shift schedule.
The work location is our offices, located in New Belgrade.
- The applicant must have a technical background (preferred - Windows, SQL Server, web and cloud technologies);
- Experience working on service desk teams supporting IT services (Desired);
- Experience in working with a ticketing system, such as Remedy, Zendesk, Heat, SCSM, etc.;
- The ability to resolve T1 technical and other types of issues with little oversight;
- Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies;
- Excellent written and spoken English (Required);
- Able to stay calm under pressure and communicate in a professional manner (Required);
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Ability to write documentation, knowledge base articles, etc.;
- Technical certifications (Desired);
- Academic degree or a 3 years relevant experience (in lieu).
What we offer:
You will be part of an international team, contributing to both steady company growth and your professional development. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, competitive pay and benefits package. Bearing in mind that today's technology develops at the speed of light, and that every day brings some new challenge, we are in constant pursuit of knowledge and development. We use knowledge that we have adopted to improve our product, and everything that others consider impossible, we see as another challenge and opportunity to discover the limits of our knowledge and abilities – if you want to be a part of this dedicated team, you’ve come to the right place!