We are looking for a:
Seven Bridges is connecting the world’s biomedical information to accelerate research and improve health. We are collaborating with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders.
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enables scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
As a member of our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will be working on a subset of our 80+ production services and be responsible for design, implementation, integration and operation of these services.
Some of the problems we are solving are:
- Scaling our cloud-based distributed file system
- Heterogeneous content search
- Optimizing data uploads and downloads
- Managing and optimizing multi-cloud resource allocation
- Building a distributed execution system for genomic pipelines and tools
- Building a multi-cloud billing system
- Building an internal data warehouse
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 3+ years of relevant engineering/data analysis experience
- Be proficient in Java server-side development
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices
- Know how to work with at least one modern build system
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Have good communication skills
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
And we also think that...
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications is a big plus
- Strong CS background is a plus
- It's great if you're fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm
- Feeling comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.) is a plus
Some of the libraries and technologies we use: Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, JDBI, Hibernate, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch. Experience with some or all of these technologies is a big plus, but not a requirement.
We value our team more than anything else. We like to learn from each other and share knowledge. Our engineering team is built upon a culture of initiative and openness, we embrace open discussion and genuine curiosity. We believe in inviting our team members to discuss around technical solutions. We value expertise, integrity, accountability and patience.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomics and be part of our engineering team, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter. Thank you for your interest in joining Seven Bridges!
Deadline for applications: 25.05.2019.
Znate li nekog ko bi bio odličan za ovaj posao? Prosledite mu oglas!