Graal Cloud Native Development
We’re looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in building applications and micro-services using tools and technologies of Oracle and in doing so, finding issues (bugs to design problems) in the building blocks. These engineers will also work on building ‘Built at Oracle’ software packages for customers who look to Oracle for providing best of engineering. Engineers will also contribute to Graal and Micronaut, both open source projects, as appropriate and under guidance from senior engineers. At Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Member of Technical Staff you will own the software design and development of a) ‘Built at Oracle’ packages for Graal developers and b) full stack applications and microservices as automation to prevent regressions. You should be both a rock-solid developer and a distributed systems generalist, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and low-level systems, as well as design broad distributed system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- 1–4+ years’ experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of Java, C or C++, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Working familiarity with databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Strong understanding of Linux or desire to learn
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure is a strong plus.
Top 3 skill sets/technologies of the ideal candidate
- Software Engineering experience with distributed systems within large scale environments
- 1–4+ years’ experience working on challenging issues with a self-starter / self-motivated attitude (Will vary based on level)
- Automation experience will be a huge plus