Java Native Compatibility and Community Development
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for diligent hands-on engineers with a passion to build libraries and low-level programs and with an open-source community spirit. The goal is to make using GraalVM Native Image as easy as Java. This job would require: a) to follow the latest JDK versions and implement new Java features for GraalVM Native Image, b) to modify the Java standard library to be better suited for native execution, c) to send pull-requests to cornerstone libraries in the community and improve their native support, and d) to work with key members of the JDK community on making their libraries better suited for native execution.
- 1–4+ years’ experience in Java and C or C++ development.
- Strong knowledge of Java, C, or C++, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Understanding and desire to learn low-level tools for debugging such as GDB or LLDB.
- Strong understanding of Linux or desire to learn.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.