PM Lucas is a leader in providing Integrated Solution Projects in Upstream and Downstream Oil & Gas industry. We are SIEMENS and SAP partners servicing our clients either as integrator or solution provider (IaaS and PaaS). Our multi-national enterprise delivers highest quality solutions around the world and offers a unique work environment. Our research department collaborates with Texas A&M university and Mining University of Leoben, Austria, providing exposure to top-notch technology.
Our digital team works directly with our clients to develop “Digital Oilfield” related solutions to meet their needs in any aspect of digitalization in Oil & Gas operations. We work together in a multi-disciplinary team to develop innovative digital solutions for a wide range of complex challenges. If you are a motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity, we’re just what you’re looking for.
We are looking for a software developer to build and implement digital applications. You will work in a small but experienced development team to produce high quality products. The ideal candidate is a team player, critical thinker, and problem solver that enjoys working in a dynamic collaborative environment. This position will require limited travel based on client and project need.
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Provide influence over a new technical design for our internal as well as client software products.
- Review user stories, implement solid technical solutions, and participate in code reviews. Strives for minimal distractions, high throughput, and excellent quality.
- Develops new programs and enhances existing products.
- Responsible for quality assurance process such as writing unit tests and code reviews
- Work in a client-facing application development environment with minimal supervision on implementation tasks.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 5+ Years of professional experience as a developer
- Very strong analytical and coding skills
- Problem resolution skills
- A solid understanding of object-oriented software development patterns and best practices
- Proficient with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and maintenance
- Strong understanding of web services (REST APIs, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Very proficient with Python
- Very proficient with PHP
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Familiar with advanced data structures and algorithms and eager to discuss them
- Involved in a local developer community
Deadline for applications: 02.11.2019.