Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno is implementing a USAID funded project in Serbia and is looking for qualified professionals to join our Belgrade team.
We are looking for
Strategy Development Consultant
Job Description and Scope of Work
The USAID Cooperation for Growth Project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) and is being implemented by Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (“Cardno”). The Project is a four-year initiative designed to expand conditions for broad-based economic growth through improvements in Serbia’s business enabling environment and access to diversified financial instruments in response to demand from the private sector, particularly SMEs throughout Serbia.
The Cardno/USAID CFG Project is based on the theory of change that if public and private sector collaboration to improve the legal and regulatory framework for private sector growth is strengthened, and effective solutions for the transparent, predictable and accountable implementation of reforms are pursued in a manner where the value of the services provided exceed the costs, then private sector confidence in the regulatory environment will be increased, building a durable foundation for increased private sector investment. The Cardno/USAID CFG Project has been designed to respond to several of these obstacles, and support Serbian efforts to improve business enabling environment to be better able to stimulate the competitiveness of Serbian businesses.
Project activities are organized to focus on two overlapping core objectives:
Objective 1 (O1): To identify and facilitate improvements that have the greatest potential impact on overall predictability and stability of the business environment and private sector investment and growth. The core focus is on improving the business environment and improving administrative efficiency by simplifying and streamlining the regulatory framework laws, administrative instructions, regulations, procedures, and other legal requirements¾that is applied to business at the national and municipal levels.
Objective 2 (O2): To further develop and expand the volume and diversity of financial services available to SMEs to enable them to invest in growth, expand operations, and increase their competitiveness.
To support these core Objectives by providing a means for SMEs’ problems to be discussed with and solved by government counterparts.
To accomplish reforms in each of these areas, USAID CFG will assist the Government of Serbia in working closely with the private sector and outside experts to carry out reforms that improve business competitiveness.
The project is currently developing its strategy for the remainder of the project term, which will inform the Year 3 work plan. We seek a consultant to help our team develop the strategy.
Scope of Work
The consultant will:
- Help Chief of Party organize strategy development process
- Help CFG staff craft overall and specific objectives, goals, and targets (including indicators) for the project and its activities
- Assist organization of strategy workshops, including agenda, materials, note taking
- Develop reports from strategy workshops
- Facilitate strategy development by CFG staff before, during and after workshops
- Contribute ideas to strategy development
- Question and help analyze CFG staff ideas relating to strategies and tactics
- Help Chief of Party develop final strategy document and work plan
Capacities Required for Position
- Proven ability and experience in strategy development and drafting strategy documents
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizing and facilitating workshops
- Prior experience in strategy to identify and develop solutions for business environment reform and access to finance issues
- Prior experience working with small and medium businesses on business environment reform and access to finance issues
- Full computer literacy
- Excellent English written skills
- Experience working on a USAID or other donor projects is preferred
To apply please submit a CV and one-page cover letter in English.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications related to the Capacities Required for Position
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Assignment duration: up to 20 working days
Deadline for applications: 18.09.2019.
Znate li nekog ko bi bio odličan za ovaj posao?
Prosledite mu oglas!