SemaphoreCI.com is looking for someone who is passionate about helping software engineers write and share their knowledge with the community.
The Technical Content team raises awareness of Semaphore within the broader developer community by contributing approachable, high-quality learning resources on a variety of Continuous Delivery and open source topics. All members of the Technical Content team are united by a strong technical background, an interest in teaching and helping developers, and a passion for creating the most useful learning materials possible.
As a Technical Editor, you will act as a partner and coach to writers creating technical articles. These articles are centred around continuous integration, continuous delivery, and release automation. You'll be working with our in-house team as well as growing our network of external authors. The ideal candidate will have a hybrid background in software development and writing/editing.
If you feel that you have the background and knowledge for this Technical Editor position, we’d love to talk to you and see where there’s a fit!
What You'll Be Doing
- Delivering editorial notes to help authors improve the technical details, explanations, and quality of writing in each article on the Semaphore blog (https://semaphoreci.com/blog) and resources (https://semaphoreci.com/resources).
- Planning future topics that are aligned with Semaphore's brand and interest to the software development community.
- Scouting and developing relationships with new authors to encourage repeat contributions.
- Assisting with maintenance of the current Semaphore Library: updating previously published articles/books, etc.
- Learning about CI/CD and related practices as they apply to web / cloud-native, mobile and desktop software development. An interest in growing technical skills is a must!
What We'll Expect From You
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Previous editorial, content writing, or blogging experience
- Demonstrated ability to research new and unfamiliar subjects
- Comfort with maintaining author relationships
- Formal or informal experience with teaching or mentoring
- Demonstrated experience in learning new technology quickly
- Some Linux experience (should be able to build and deploy projects, navigate the command line)
- Familiarity with developer interests and culture
- Strong interest in learning about continuous integration, configuration management, application deployment, cloud operations, and test-driven development.
- Full-stack development experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
Working at Semaphore
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Rendered Text je softverska kompanija koja pravi Semaphore, cloud servis za kontinualnu integraciju (continuous integration). Semaphore se nalazi na samoj ivici evolucije i savremenih praksi softverskog inženjerstva, sa hiljadama korisnika u preko 100 zemalja sveta.Više o poslodavcu