Service Desk Specialist - Tier 2
Betagy is seeking a Tier 2 (T2) Support Specialist for 24x7x365 technical support for our customers and internal teams. This position will report directly to the Support Team Lead (STL) or the IT Director. In order to more effectively achieve its mission objectives, the incumbent must provide a daily technical support tasks to ensure systems are operating with optimal performance, security, and usability. In addition, the candidate will conduct all necessary technical support activities to ensure systems are strong, robust, and perform up to standard, and resolve all incidents according to SLA.
The Support Desk Specialist will: Provide system and technical support on company supported computer applications and platforms, advise and work closely with other departments for collaborating IT incidents and projects, provide remote troubleshooting solutions for application or other issues that affect our delivery to the customers, analyse complex systems, identify and troubleshoot variety of problems, develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions, provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts, categorise issues for escalation to appropriate technical/operational/development teams, train other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed, use a ticketing system to document and create all incoming Incident and Service Requests, add articles to general knowledge base, monitor production applications, servers and network using a combination of monitoring tools to ensure high availability, escalate more complex issues to Tier 3 or STL, perform other duties outlined by the Support Team Lead or the Director of Information and Technology.
The work hours for this position are based on a 24/7 shift schedule.
The work location is our offices, located in New Belgrade.
- Previous experience working in a similar support, working shifts environment;
- Advanced technical skills on Windows Server OS, SQL, cloud and web platforms;
- Knowledge of database structure with the ability to enter, manipulate, and report data;
- Basic experience with monitoring on Rabbit MQ, Redis, NGINX, Azure App Insights, SQL Server;
- Network and troubleshooting skills;
- IT Security related skills (AV, encryption, firewall, etc.);
- Ability and willingness to easily adapt to and learn new technologies;
- Experience/training in providing technical support;
- Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills;
- Perform duties and responsibilities independently;
- Industry standard/professional technical certifications (Microsoft, etc);
- Academic degree or a 5 years relevant experience (in lieu).
What we offer:
You will be part of an international team, contributing to both steady company growth and your professional development. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, competitive pay and benefits package. Bearing in mind that today's technology develops at the speed of light, and that every day brings some new challenge, we are in constant pursuit of knowledge and development. We use knowledge that we have adopted to improve our product, and everything that others consider impossible, we see as another challenge and opportunity to discover the limits of our knowledge and abilities – if you want to be a part of this dedicated team, you’ve come to the right place!