Lean Coordinator is responsible to plan, direct and continually improve Lean Manufacturing & Business improvement initiatives and best practice deployment. Drive the implementation of Lean fundamental competencies (Value Stream Maps, Visual Performance Metrics, WPO, Kaizen, Work Standardization, Gemba Engagement) & transformational competencies (workplace design, inventory controls, capacity flexibility, e.g.) in order to continually improve performance in quality, cost, delivery, morale, & safety. Communicate and work with all department team leaders to ensure alignment with initiatives, promote best practice proliferation, and ensure inter-plant consistency of systems and procedures. Develop and implement systems, procedures, and projects required to successfully accomplish Serbia Nis plant and Zumtobel Group corporate goals/objectives.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Clearly communicate the Lean philosophy, vision, & expectations to ensure site and team alignment.
- Lean Coordinator is responsible for leading and deploying the best practices in the business methodologies and manufacturing organization to support continuous improvement in various manufacturing processes.
- Assist with development & implementation of a strategy for a self-sustaining Lean program including metrics that support lean manufacturing philosophy.
- Assisting or leading training sessions for all levels of company employees. Trains all leadership levels, supervisors and operators and incorporates Lean Culture, Lean Concepts & Lean Methodologies to our organization, ensuring continuous improvement, best practices, standardization with quality checks and balances the work flow to increase the productivity.
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to identify & document opportunities to improve the business (Current & Future State). Develop & execute project plans in order to achieve the Future State.
- Working with plant leadership teams to achieve all established business objectives by driving Continuous Improvement, Reliability Centered Maintenance and Training to improve equipment reliability, improve quality performance, eliminate process waste, improve process efficiency and increase the skills and engagement of all employees. Achieved by frequent use of lean manufacturing tools, including but not limited to: Kaizen, 6S, PDCA, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Control/Visual Workplace, Quality, Problem Solving/Root Cause, 6S, Material Flow, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), & other Lean programs.
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of workplace flow & layout, as well as equipment installations, modifications, and moves according to Lean concepts. Facilitate continuous improvement activities via Kaizens, PDCA, 6S, DMAIC projects & through daily interaction with site employees.
- Document work done & results achieved. Develop & update standards as changes are made. Preparing clear & concise schedules, plans, milestones, resource needs and manage all the Lean Continuous
- Improvement activities aiming at assuring project accuracy, clear definition of scope and outcome of project benefits expected, aligned to our business or customer need.
- Scheduling and Leading meetings, meeting room and conference call/video call meetings, in addition to presenting overall project status to Senior Team members or Exec Leadership and report regularly on project status, including documenting meetings and circulation to the team.
- Focused areas for reducing tooling costs, manufacturing costs and improving the flow of material and setting up cycle times. Understanding and provide cost estimates for chosen improvement projects, products and processes, using cost model and structure templates. Plan and achieve department budget objectives for expense and capital items.
- Drive local continuous improvement process by reducing variation and waste in our processes and by setting standards.
- Lead or contribute to productivity, capacity or efficiency increase projects
- Drive kaizen process and coordinate, lead and contribute to kaizen workshops
- Perform value stream analysis and derive actions
- Keep track of improvement projects and actions, escalate if necessary and report on lean progress and financial savings to HQ
- Contribute to the improvement of the process-oriented value chain ETE in our Business models (Lean Manufacturing, Lean Office, Lean Supply Chain)
Essential know-how and skills
- Minimum university degree, preferred BS degree in Engineering or relevant field.
- Language skills (fluent in written and spoken English).
- Proven working experience as a Lean Engineer with a minimum of 2-3 years in an international and global company; preferably in a matrix structure with a Lean Manufacturing background.
- Excellence, Continuous Improvement systems is required.
- The individual who has completed a formal training in Lean/Six Sigma will definitely be preferred and have an edge over the rest of the candidates. Prior education in statistics preferred Six Sigma basics.
- Green Belt trained and certified and Capability to become certified as a Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Numeracy, literacy and Technical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and Minitab or other statistical packages is required. Visual Basic experience is a bonus.
Personality, competencies and values:
- Self-organized and self-motivated, initiative taking and drive for result work style
- Strong communication, organizational and tima management skills
- Problem solving skills, decision making ability and leadership skills.
- Able to work in a team orientated, target driven environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Willingness to travel as it will be required from time to time.
Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted. Biographies of candidates who will not be contacted, will be stored in our database for the next 12 months from the date of the end of advertisement.
Tridonic SRB d.o.o.
- Srbija, Niš, Ulica Cumtobel 1
- PIB: 110562375
- Matični broj: 21363162