UI Developer (Frontend Engineer)
Work from Home
We're building a tool for esports fans to make following their favourite team easier. We’re looking for a talented UI Engineer who will join our small early-stage startup. You will work closely with designers and developers to build custom page layouts and interactions. If you're passionate about esports and are looking for a new and exciting challenge in an agile, collaborative environment, then we would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You write excellent code in CSS.
- Experience developing for Accessibility.
- Some experience working in a component based project (React).
- You are willing to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Scrumban methodologies and frameworks.
- Fluency in English.
- Advanced CSS super-hero skills :)
- Strong organisational skills.
- Driven to keep up-to-date with developments and trends in the tech world.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced or interested in Design Systems (ex: Material Design).
- Experienced or interested in building Progressive Web Apps.
- Strong network with social, competitive and pro gamers, streamers and event organisers.
- Any experience in building products for online games or esports.
- Active in the Open-Source community.
- Experience with backend technologies (Databases, REST APIs, Docker, etc).
- Passionate about UX and UI.
- Be a gamer at heart.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You get to help shape our product and vision from an early stage.
- You’ll have a front-row seat to changing the esports industry for the better.
- A fast-paced environment with a quick-decision making process to ship products that fans love.
- A culture where your opinion is just as important as anyone else’s.
- You get to work with fellow esports enthusiasts and industry veterans (we're backed by Bitkraft, the Incubator by Jens Hilgers and Markus Fuhrmann).
- You’ll receive an educational budget to spend on resources, books, and conferences to constantly learn and become better in what you love doing.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping redefine how fans follow esports, send us a cover letter that best represents you.
Deadline for applications: 17.07.2019.