UI / UX Developer
Do you find the financial markets exciting? Does using technology to develop complex and demanding solutions appeal to you? Then look no further… Come make your career with us!
Fidelity Information Systems (FIS) is the world’s largest financial technology solutions provider. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward and keep them competitive through thought leadership, operational excellence and innovation. We help our clients transform disruption into opportunity, giving them the tools needed to thrive not just today, but in tomorrow’s financial world.
At FIS APT we build solutions for investment risk management. Our applications allow banks, pension funds, hedge funds and other asset owners to get a real understanding of the risk of their investments across all asset classes. We enable our clients to meet regulatory needs as well as giving them an edge in making well informed investment decisions.
We are currently looking for UI/UX specialists to join our development team building hosted and managed risk solutions. You will be working as part of a team responsible for the whole application stack from UI to the integration of the core APT analytics. You will be responsible for a range of tasks including maintenance and upgrade work on the UIs for existing products but also exciting greenfield projects extending our hosted product offering to offer a more complete client experience. You will work closely with the other developers in a cross-functional agile team but will also work with the product owners and other business stakeholders to ensure that we build the right things in the right way with the right technology.
You will have a strong input on the choice of technologies and design decisions being made as we evolve the existing user interfaces and particularly as we start the new projects. Although we have core technologies in use your broader UI/UX experience will help to inform the direction we take with future development.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about good software engineering practice as well as a great understanding of what makes a good UI. We believe in team work, everyone working together across disciplines to make sure we deliver great products.
- B Sc. in Computer Science or similar degree.
- 3+ years of commercial software development developing responsive web UIs
- Knowledge of at least one framework for Unit Testing and Integration Testing of web UIs.
- Ability to contribute in an international based Agile team structure
- Drive to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
- Reference: wY50vnqQbeuRh1z1FX8dPZ-y_CqlM_Cd0aw-94qyKb0.
- An analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude to problem solving
- Driven and enjoy influencing the direction of your own development
- Collaborative and like to share knowledge
- Constantly challenging existing mindsets and ways of doing things for the better
- End user focused and passionate about user experience
Bonus if you have
- Experience in financial markets
- Experience with Relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server etc)
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Continuous deployment technologies such as Docker
But most of all we expect you to have a genuine interest in solving technical and user experience problems and working with software development! We are passionate about our work, but we also know that life balance is important and that a fun workplace breeds creativity and innovation!
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered).