United States Agency for International Development is recruiting to fill the following position in Pristina
Vacancy: Project Management Specialist
Program and Project Development Office (PPO)
Position Grade: FSN-10
Salary range: (€ 17,743- € 27,318 annually, if fully qualified)
Basic function of position:
The Project Management Specialist is a member of Mission's Program and Project Office (PPO) which oversees the implementation of USAID/Kosovo's portfolio of community outreach programs. The programs, which include initiatives in community-level infrastructure and income generation, youth empowerment and skills development, interethnic dialogue, and returns/resettlement, aim to address key concerns of Kosovo's non-Albanian communities. As a key member of PPO, the incumbent will be engaged in the full range of USAID community outreach programs.
She/ He will be responsible for:
- project management
- program analyses and evaluation
- strategy development
- administrative support
- keeping abreast of other donor and government programs affecting communities
- reporting on key community stabilization assistance-related issues to senior US Government officials,including those at USAID, the Department of State, KFOR, the International Civilian Office (ICO) and others and
- monitoring developments in ethnic minority communities and interethnic relations in Kosovo more generally
In addition, the Project Management Specialist will advise Mission management and technical staff on enhancing the overall effectiveness of USAID programs and policies affecting Kosovo's non-majority communities. This requires intense engagement with communities, local and national government counterparts, NGOs, and other donors.
The selected applicant must have excellent interpersonal skills. S/he will be expected to develop meaningful relationships with community members to solicit honest and comprehensive feedback on the effectiveness of USAID programs, build a sense of trust and teamwork among NGOs and contractors implementing programs, and establish and maintain constant dialogue with Kosovo Government officials
Full job description is posted at the USAID's Office in Arbëria (Dragodan), Ismail Qemali Street, House No.1, Pristina.
- Bachelor's degree in the social sciences or other corresponding field of study is required
Prior Work Experience:
- Three to five years of progressively responsible professional-level experience, preferably within the management/administrative staff of an international organization, foundation or NGO and project management experience is required
- A sound knowledge of Kosovo economic, political, social and cultural characteristics
- Familiarity with political, social, and other factors influencing living conditions and stability in Kosovo's communities is highly desirable
- Fluency in Serbian and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of some Albanian is desired
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to establish and maintain contacts in local communities where program beneficiaries reside, Kosovo Government ministries and offices which deal with ethnic minorities or may involve ethnic minority issues.
- The ability to locate, obtain, analyze and interpret relevant information and data, and draft well-crafted and useful reports.
- Strong computer skills are required, including the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database software, and the ability to organize and present program information
Please provide Curriculum Vitae, limited to two pages, in English to the Executive Officer of USAID/Kosovo, and application for Federal Employment (OF-612 Form) available at http://www.opm.gov/FORMS/pdf_fill/of612.pdf Candidates should speak English.
Email submissions should be sent to:
Deadline for applications: 27.12.2008.
Please no phone calls
USAID/KOSOVO is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age or disability.
Znate li nekog ko bi bio odličan za ovaj posao? Prosledite mu oglas!