User Experience Designer (UX/UI)
Embroker is the digital insurance company committed to improving the way businesses of all sizes manage risk. With a radically simple approach, Embroker is replacing the 1970’s technology of the insurance industry, with a first-ever end-to-end digital insurance platform that provides better coverage and reduced cost; all in minutes, not hours. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in San Francisco, Embroker has raised over $42M of funding from leading fintech investors.
About the Position
Embroker is looking for a creative, self-motivated and customer-centric UX/UI designer to join the product development team in San Francisco or Belgrade. As a UX/UI Designer at Embroker, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from the initial concept of the next feature or product through launch and iteration. You will be part of a global team of UX and product designers who develop and own the design vision for Embroker’s platform and product portfolio. You will collaborate with product and engineering colleagues in the creation of elegant and intuitive solutions that transform typically complex and antiquated insurance purchase and management workflows. One of Embroker’s core values is to create magical customer experiences, and you will be at the forefront of disrupting the commercial insurance industry to enable delightful, end-to-end digital customer experiences at every touchpoint.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including product, engineering, marketing, sales and service to identify requirements, use cases, user journeys, etc.
- Build user flows that make the complex seem simple through great design
- Translate product requirements and strategy into high and low fidelity prototypes, wireframes, and comps
- Embrace and promote high aesthetic standards and operational rigor in design execution and workflows on all projects
- Effectively communicate design decisions based on customer and usability research, content strategy and data analytics
- Work in a cross-functional, agile environment with committed timelines and fast turnaround requests
- Fluency in UX, visual and modern interactive design best practices along with strong knowledge and intuition about usability principles and techniques
- International travel once or twice a year
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in UI/UX or product design building and implementing sustainable and scalable product designs
- A customer-centric approach to designing experiences across both desktop and mobile web
- Adept with prototyping tools including Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Mural, etc.
- Experience working with product managers and technical leads to execute on design deliverables with minimal supervision
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Experience applying user research methodologies and product data/analytics to inform design decisions
- A strong portfolio of design work demonstrating end-to-end product design at varying points of the product life-cycle
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Open-minded to suggestions and feedback
- Work experience in finance or insurance or a plus, but not required
- Please provide link to portfolio with application
Our Pack at Embroker Lives our Values
Put the Pack First
We succeed and fail as one team. We always optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We communicate honestly and openly, treat each other with mutual respect, and assume positive intent in interactions.
We deliver delightful experiences at every customer touchpoint and dedicate ourselves to make each one exceptional. We build transformational world-class products by applying our full creativity to find solutions to even the hardest problems.
We make focused commitments. We are accountable to ourselves and each other to deliver on time. We move fast and attack challenges with relentless positivity. We build things we are proud of.
More about Embroker
The Embroker team is a diverse group with extensive experience in technology and insurance. Embroker embraces differences and is committed to a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
At Embroker, we work hard, have fun solving difficult problems, and push the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry. We are always looking for ways to get better and exceed what’s expected of us. Our team members take ownership of our customer experience and the success of the company. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in building the next generation insurance company.
Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New York, and Belgrade.
Deadline for applications: 22.02.2020.