POSITION: 3D GENERALIST
Business: Iervolino Studios – Animation Studio
We are looking for a talented 3D Generalist with a great team spirit and good technical knowledge who wants to become part of our team of creative artists and achieve something extraordinary in the animation industry.
What does a 3D Generalist at Iervolino Studios (IES) do?
If chosen, you would get the opportunity to create high quality assets for use in a variety of short, animated content and film projects for worldwide distribution. You would be required to complete work as instructed by our CG supervisor, while ensuring technical accuracy, delivering work on time, and executing tasks such as modelling, texturing, lighting, rigging and look development.
If you love animation and film and are eager to learn and become part of an outstanding and supportive animation team, we are waiting for you – enter the world of animation with Iervolino Studios.
- Executes a broad range of 3D tasks including:
- 3D modelling (hard-surface, soft-surface, retopology)
- Texturing (various styles from cartoon to photorealism)
- Lighting and Rendering
- Asset creation (asset rigging, shader setup, packing)
- 3D scene assembly
- Assistance in creating 2D and 3D content for various purposes and in various stages of production
- Understands and follows production guidelines
- Works closely with leads and supervisors to achieve the desired look and quality
- Maintains the production pipeline and meets deadlines
- Provides timely corrections at the request of production
- Establishes looks and/or follows set style direction
Qualifications and skills:
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment or 3+ years of experience and work proving this.
- Degree in field of Visual Arts, CG or related field is an asset.
- Art portfolio related to the references above
*Degree and work experience requirements may be waived if candidates can show exceptional skills
- Demonstrable experience of using 3D software within a production environment
- Proficiency in Maya and Substance Painter
- Knowledge of node-based workflows
- Good understanding of composition, light, and color
- Knowledge of rendering techniques and optimization processes to minimize render times
- High attention to details
- Ability to take direction positively and work within a team
- Effective cooperation with artists and interaction with other departments in the company
- It is necessary to adapt to work in larger teams and advanced project management
- Ability to solve and predict potential problems within assigned tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high-intensity environment, in a team-oriented, and cooperative way
It’s a plus if you have:
- Knowledge of zBrush, Blender, Houdini, Marvelous Designer, Unreal Engine
- Live action visual effects experience
Why work with us:
Our creative teams of screenwriters, designers, storyboard artists, animators, directors, illustrators, and many others, have already successfully created "Puffins Impossible", the first animated series created and produced in Serbia, starring Johnny Depp.
We can promise that, as an IES employee, you would work with open-minded, talented and flexible people who value other people’s opinions and help each other as much as possible. We truly believe that no company can get too far if they don’t appreciate their employees. Communication, feedback and transparency always have to work both ways, which is something we practice and are really proud of.
- You will have a unique opportunity to work on animated series and projects for worldwide distribution
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team
- Professional and personal growth: continuous investment in training and education of employees
- A competitive salary
- Open and flexible management
- An exciting chance to work with the top-notch technology, side by side with a highly experienced team.
What are the BENEFITS at IES?
- Private health insurance – comes with a family package discount
- Daily lunch – choose what you want for lunch every day, from a variety of fresh, tasty and nutritious dishes
- Flexible working hours – whether you start at 07:00, or 10:00, or somewhere in between, as long as you communicate your plans and schedules with your team supervisor (head of department) on time, you’ll be able to plan your 8 hours of daily work the way it suits you
- Work from home when necessary – we listen to our colleagues, consider each situation, and know that health and well-being must come first
What can you expect at IES?
You will work with experienced leaders and artists across different departments and work on international and exciting projects. There’s always room for improvement and growth, which is why we really appreciate new ideas. Many of us come from different backgrounds, which is why we are so proud of our Internal Training Center. It’s all about sharing knowledge that is useful for IES and working together on resolving challenges and obstacles in our line of work. Through different projects and dynamic tasks, you will grow as a professional and add new skills to your resume.
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume in PDF, and portfolio link in English. Become a part of our creative gang, APPLY NOW.
We are grateful to everyone eager to join us, but only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If there’s anything we missed, feel free to send us your questions and tell us what you are looking for. We can’t wait to hear YOUR STORY!
Iervolino Studios is a creative animation studio based in Serbia, with the main focus on creating high-quality short animated content for streaming platforms worldwide as part of the international production company ILBE Group, founded by Andrea Iervolino and Lady Monika Bacardi in Rome in 2011 and operating in the field of film and television production. We are proud of the fact that all phases of our creative process are be carried out in Serbia – from the initial idea to the distribution of our…Više o poslodavcu