Beverage cans are more than just a perfect container – for us they are a high-tech product and the most sustainable packaging we feel passionate about.
Ball Beverage Packaging AMEA headquartered in Dubai, UAE is one of the leading beverage can producers in the region. Our customers include highly reputable, internationally operating beverage and drinks brands.
Our team is part of Ball Corporation, which manufactures high quality metal packaging for the beverage, food and household goods industries operating world-wide. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
In addition Ball Aerospace supplies aerospace technology and other technologies and services predominantly to the US government.
We are currently looking for self-driven, experienced and highly motivated person for the position of:
AMEA Customer Technical Services Manager
Purpose of the job:
- Lead a team of CTS managers and engineers in Ball AMEA
- Assure that comprehensive technical service and support to Ball AMEA customers in allocated countries is provided
- Provide technical support to the Sales and Manufacturing functions
- Work with all associated Ball functions to develop and implement more cost-effective Ball products.
- Managing CTS Managers and Engineers at Ball facilities in AMEA countries
- Ensures CTS teams’ Travel risk assessment for necessary compliance for both Travel and Medical risks.
- Ensure the development and implementation of skills matrices and gap analysis for CTS Managers and Engineers
- Ensure CTS KPIs are agreed and in place
- Assures that an all-inclusive technical support service to Ball AMEA customers in allocated countries is provided as required. Key contact for OEE for customer filling lines.
- Represent Ball AMEA Customer Technical Services in allocated Ball/Industry technical groups.
- Controls all aspects of spending to work within agreed budgetary spending
- Provide technical support to the Sales and Manufacturing functions.
- Manage customer specifications , requirements, customer approval process for can ends and filling line information.
- Comply with all manufacturing facility site and filling line H&S and Environmental requirements
- Assures progression of customer approvals on cost reduction products without having an adverse effect on filling site performance or the performance of Ball components in the Trade.
- Provide support in the development of new products being developed by Ball and/or Ball customers.
- Co-ordinate with Ball Laboratories and/or any external lab.
- Lead implementation of technical improvements agreed between customers & Ball
- Co-ordinate filling line trials on customer sites to evaluate new/modified Ball products.
- Contact customer regarding quality issues, visiting the customer where required.
- Assures that complaint notifications for internal distribution are generated and followed up with the responsible units
- Contribute in resolution of complaints with Ball manufacturing Plants and/or customer.
- Assures that responds to customer on quality issue cause and any actions taken within Ball are accomplished on timely manner.
- Responsible for regular contact with new and existing suppliers of test, measurement and inspection equipment regarding new developments for CTS purposes.
- Ensure the calibration of CTS Equipment in coordination with Plant Quality to include in annual calibration regimes
- Coordinate with Ball R&D in the new product development when required
- Coordinate and communicate with other regions in regard to best practice sharing.
- Demonstrate professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge and skills necessary for excellent performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Keep effective and constructive relationships in the department and at all levels of the company's management.
- Follow definite ethic rules, be professional in own field, be skilled for successful performance of the job.
- Develop, implement and maintain suitable consultative and communication process for all employees.
Professional & Education Qualifications
- Technical/ Engineering Degree
- MCS in Technical is desirable
- Experience in managing teams across different geographies
- Understanding of beverage filling lines operations
- Experience in managing cross-regional projects is desirable
Skills and competencies
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Local languages within the region desirable
- Good leadership and management skills
- Can engage and motivate others
- Strong analytical skills and good problem solving skills. Uses data and facts but also relies on intuition
- Computer literate and able to work alone or within a team under own initiative
- Stakeholder management
- Customer focus
- Can build strong relationships and presentation skills
- Results driven
- Certification in Project Management desirable
- Previous people management experience desirable
- Energetic, self-starter
- Can-do attitude
- Working effectively with people at all levels
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional and leadership development
- Sets high standards for herself/himself and the team and supports them in their achievement
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 16.05.2019.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- SRBIJA, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992