Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,300 people worldwide and reported 2019 net sales of $11.5 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball manufactures aluminium packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. In 2019, the company started producing and marketing the first infinitely recyclable aluminium cup – another innovation that demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Africa, Middle East, Europe and in a few Asian countries – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Account to Report Supervisor – General Accounting and IC
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary Purpose of Position:
The role Account to Report Supervisor is to support the successful execution of an end-to-end process by building and supervising a high-performing team. Integral to the role, the position serves to support the Global Process Lead (GPL) in driving global standardization and optimization of processes across Ball. Supervisor roles have multiple areas of focus:
- A2R General Accounting and IC
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff, organizing and monitoring work processes, and providing direction in workload balance
- Completes operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, providing technical guidance, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures
- Guides, plans, monitors, and apprises individual job results and overall team performance
- Provides exceptional internal/external customer service to ensure a high level of satisfaction
- Contributes to the team effort by supporting the GPL in building a high performing team, and executing additional projects
- Coaches, mentors, trains and provides feedback to employees
- Evaluates employees to enhance their performance and development
- Evaluates processes to improve efficiency, performance, and quality
- Ensures continuous process improvement by developing and delivering compliance/ efficiency metrics; and, ensures data collection/analysis to proactively identify and resolve process inefficiencies
- Controls expenditures by preparing and recommending a budget for approval, and adheres to the budget through monitoring variances and implementing corrective actions
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to regulatory requirements
- Serves as a representative on new technology teams whereby ensuring operational requirements are met
- Maintains an awareness of industry trends and best practices and incorporates new practices into the day-to-day processes
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college education or work-related experience
- BA or equivalent
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum with increasing levels of responsibility in a large, complex GBS environment
- Experience in supervising global, multinational and remote teams within a matrix organization, with demonstrated ability to work across multiple critical paths and resolve conflicts in a collaborative manner
- Expert knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), especially in SAP and/or JDE
- Strong skills in Project Management, Customer Service, Change Facilitation, Effective Communication, Influence, Problem Solving and Analytical / Quantitative
- Strong skills in Microsoft Suite, especially in Excel
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Demonstrated Supervisor Abilities:
Business Acumen: Has a keen understanding of GBS organization and quickly reacts to business situations in a manner that results inn good outcomes
Action Oriented: Quick to get things done and ensures other people do as well
Builds Effective Teams: Optimizes diverse talent
Develops Talent: Provides effective coaching, mentoring and ongoing feedback
Directs Work: Empowers ownership through clear direction, well-defined accountabilities, and delegation
Manages Conflict: Views conflict as an opportunity and settles differences in a positive manner
Account to Report General Accounting and IC
- Demonstrated experience in General Accounting and IC transactions
- US GAAP knowledge
- SOX compliance
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills for Managers and Above:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992