Serbia Energy Security Activity will deploy a variety of approaches to build the capacity of energy-sector stakeholders in Serbia, most notably the Ministry of Mining and Energy (MoME) and local governments, to develop transparent regulatory frameworks, tariff methodologies, and improvements in the operations of energy companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute overall financial management of Serbia ESA, ensuring strict adherence to Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations. Lead field office finances and budget, review expenditures.
- Draft monthly financial reports and ensure accuracy and timeliness of local employee timesheets.
- Lead accurate, complete, and timely financial reporting using (ABACUS) system, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission to the home office. Prepare and/or review ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed. Supervise cash disbursals, documentation and reporting.
- Build and lead a well-functioning accounting operation.
- Oversee accounting cycle to include preparation and appropriate documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Review and approve accounting and supporting documents and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Oversee monthly wire transfer requests for submission to the home office and reconcile and balance local bank accounts to ensure sufficient availability of funds for project needs and implementation.
- Set up the internal financial control systems to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established USAID and Chemonics financial and accounting procedures.
- Ensure proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payment/reimbursement requests for employees/suppliers/vendors.
- Plan, perform and supervise internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations and reconciliation of petty cash and fund report at time of replenishment.
- Review submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) and corresponding reports (VAT reports) to relevant parties.
- In charge of a payroll and allocation of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits.
- Serve as a resource person for technical and finance staff on Chemonics and USAID policies, procedures and regulations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the home office Project Management Unit (PMU) for all matters related to project finance.
- Interacts with banks and other officials on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of accounting – related supporting documents in particular, vendors’ and service providers’ invoices, contracts, acts of acceptance; regular (not less rarely than once per calendar year) reconciliation of vendors’ and service provider’s settlement accounts
- Ensures the accuracy and allocation of transactions
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of accounting – related supporting documents
- Maintains transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per Chemonics policies
- Shares guidelines on use of and adherence to the USAID / Chemonics accounting policies and procedures among the Serbia ESA’s staff; liaisons between Chemonics HO and the Project’s staff on specificity of application of the policies and procedures
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable Serbian and U.S. laws and regulations to project financial activities. Keeps track of latest changes in Serbian labor, tax, and accounting legislation
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Use Microsoft Teams as needed to carry out tasks and collaborate with other activity staff. Comply with Chemonics’ standards of business conduct.
To perform this job successfully, the Employee must be able to perform each essential duty, obligation and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Minimum four (4) years accounting experience, preferably with USAID- or other donor-funded projects in a similar position in terms of the job tasks and responsibilities outlined above.
- Bachelors’ or equivalent degree in accounting, finance or economics.
- Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of a team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in a challenging environment.
- Ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results without direct oversight. Native speaker of Serbian.
- English sufficient for professional purposes and to understand written communications related to the work of the Activity such as emails.
- Experienced user of MS Office 365 applications.
- Demonstrated success working in a multinational, multilingual team under pressure and tight deadlines.
Predstavništvo Chemonics International Inc.
- Srbija, Beograd, Njegoševa 11
- PIB: 112646448
- Matični broj: 29028036