CARE International Balkans, is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Acting Project Manager for its “Future for You(th): Young people as Leaders of Life Skills Education in the Balkans” project.
CARE International Balkans has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm or any fraudulent practice or behaviour. It is also committed to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults and children, involving CARE employees and related personnel, representatives or partners.
Project summary – Based in CARE’s Belgrade office, the project will be implemented by CAREin cooperation with seven local partner organizations in Serbia, Kosovo*, Albania, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Building on the achievements from Young Men Initiative (YMI), the project will put the emphasis in institutionalization and sustainability, working with ministries and quality assurance institutions for the accreditation of Program Y and its integration of life skills education in national curriculums.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to the CARE Regional Director this position, based in Belgrade, will manage all aspects of the Austrian Development Cooperation funded project “Future for You(th): Young people as Leaders of Life Skills Education in the Balkans” project within Young Men Initiative program.
S/he coordinates and monitors the progress towards the objectives of the project as outlined in the proposal, ensures transparency and accountability and project implementation within budget. S/he is responsible for coordinating a programme team consisting of 2 project coordinators (based in Pristina and Banja Luka) and Communication Coordinator in Sarajevo as well as liaising with project managers and advisors in Young Men Initiative programming. S/he is responsible for organizing, coordinating and monitoring all activities in Serbia as well as contact and cooperation with authorities, INGOs and regional NGOs. S/he liaises with peers within organisation and Gender Equality Programme and provides inputs and technical assistance for programme enhancement as well as deployment of men engage programme methodology where applicable. S/he contributes to development of new projects and participates in CARE Balkans programmatic meetings. S/he is responsible to ensure compliance with the Austrian Development Cooperation and CARE International rules and procedures, maintain project documentation filing system and generate the highest quality project reports. S/he is expected to travel occasionally to countries where project is being implemented and out of the region, if necessary.
- University diploma and/or equivalent experience in project implementation in the Balkan region;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in NGO/CBO development, programme management and partnership development in the region;
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with diversity and variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of administrative and financial procedures related to project implementation;
- Proven presentation skills and experience in project monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in monitoring sub granting schemes and contracts;
- Experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building to sub-granting partners in coordination with programme support staff;
- Personality and skills to work proactively and under tight deadlines and as part of a big regional team;
- Excellent command of oral and written local and English language;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Preferably clean and up to date drive’s licence (B category)
Effective Date for Positions: 1stJune 2021.
Initial Duration of Contract: Until 30th June 2022.
Any interested candidates should forward their CV and a Cover Letter in English language to the Human Resources Department at CARE International Balkans, Žarkovačka 48, Belgrade, R. Serbia or electronically no. No telephone enquiries please. Only candidates short-listed will be notified.
Predstavništvo Care Srbija
- Srbija, Beograd, Шчербинова 6 11000 Београд
- PIB: 102840670
- Matični broj: 28900040