Arcadis Gen is continuing to hire across the world, with all interviewing and on-boarding completed remotely to ensure we maintain safe and secure operations. All new and existing Gen employees will work remotely until it is safe to return to our offices and workspaces. We are committed to flexibility and will continue to offer you, and everybody, the choices to work remotely and in ways that suit your lifestyle moving forward.
Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group; a start-up framework and culture, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive and are revolutionizing the future of digital asset management. If you are interested in matching the freedom and opportunity of start-up life, with the stability and benefits of a market leading corporation, Arcadis Gen may well be the perfect place for you.
Analytics development engineers are the engine of the App Factory; you provide the velocity and the drive that makes everything possible. You take onboard expert guidance from architecture, business leadership and our excellence teams and create the analytics products that will make Gen world leading. You will work, grow and develop in several broad focus areas ranging from modern statistics and machine learning methodologies to effective visualisation and UX to system engineering and deployment.
Productised Analytics is your playground understanding a range of mathematical techniques and how to apply them to drive real value in real business’.Your canvas is on screen, you build user interfaces that make the convoluted obvious, plots that make the complex simple, and experiences that make work beautiful. Programming is your tool; you construct complex scripts built to stand the test of time. Effectively deployed to ensure they work as intended every time.
What will you do each day?
- You form an active role in the analytics community, socialising, sharing best practise and encouraging innovation across Arcadis Gen.
- Play an active role in the agile process working with colleagues and self-organising the work you perform.
- You play an active role in idea refinement, engaging with app sponsors across Gen to design solutions to customer problems and assess feasibility of potential products.
- You enable the support of your tools by engaging domains across Gen, representing your tool in knowledge transfers through demos and presentation.
- Work as part of a ‘virtual team’ through the project, comprising of colleagues from India, UK, Serbia and the Netherlands ensuring that the scope elements within the given remit are delivered to the expected standard.
- You work with the team to build mathematical, statistical and machine learning engines and modules.
- You ensure that validation and diagnostics are included and communicated inspiring confidence in our tools to the user.
- You work with experts to build user interfaces that bring tools to life and deliver analytical outcomes as interactive dashboards.
- Production of productised dynamic reports communicating outcomes and concepts clearly
- Production of technical notes, model documentation and in app prompts.
Who are we targeting?
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisational skills with the ability to communicate complex technical detail to non-technical audiences.
- Having worked as part of a ‘virtual’ team environment.
- Educated to degree level as a minimum in a Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other financial/numeric field (Most of the team members are educated to MSc level or equivalent).
- Significant experience in Predictive and / or prescriptive analytics.
- Understanding of predictive methods including, algorithmic ml, parametric and non-parametric statistical models
- Understanding of uncertainty and model diagnostic analysis
- Understanding of financial investment models including asset portfolio optimisation and financial discounting models
- Specialism in at least one specific area of Data Science/Analytics. Track record of presenting papers etc. in this area is desirable.
- Significant experience (5+ years) of delivery of analytical products and projects
- Extensive use of R, Python, Excel, Matlab, SAS, SPSS or similar or other statistical packages to process data and carry out advanced analytics techniques.
- Experience in advanced data visualisation techniques along with tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Understanding and creating end user outputs for different types of engagements (e.g. investment scenarios from prescriptive models) and visualisations including GIS and other.
- Experience generating informative reports delivering information to multiple levels of an organisation
- Experience building tools allowing self-service interaction and configuration of models and tools contained in an excellent user experience
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of building robust, user friendly apps using R Shiny
- Exposure to UI/UX design for applications.
- Experience with collaboration tools including Azure DevOps and GitLab.
- Experience of working with environments for product onboarding, packaging, dockerisation.
- Exposure of agile methodology: SCRUM.
- Exposure of using project collaboration tools such as Atlassian Confluence & JIRA
You should apply for this role if:
- You are passionate about digital transformation and disrupting industries
- You value diversity, hold an entrepreneurial spirit and test the limits of your potential
- You attempt the extraordinary, and are motivated to achieve and be better
- You are Bold, Agile and Focussed
- You are an optimist and believe in always finding a way
- You want to play a role on the global stage and influence the future of our industry
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu