Who is Handson Systems?
Does the world of IOT and Telematics interest you? We are a Maltese technology company currently developing telematics, IOT and other related solutions for various markets worldwide. We offer vehicle tracking and fleet management solutions, RFID tracking and a host of other GPS based technologies. We are on the lookout for an Android Native Developer that can grow into building captivating Mobile applications that enable an amazing user experience. The ideal candidate would be excited to be an early member of the Mobile App Development team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about heavily influencing our Mobile App roadmap and excited to roll up their sleeves and be hands on. If you are interested in making the world smarter than this is the job for you.
What is our Vision and Mission?
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our customers to transform our telematic solutions into high value services that constantly create value, transparency and positive experiences. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers through the processing and presentation of rich telematic data that is packaged into intuitive and ease of use services.
What roles are required for the Software Engineering team?
We are looking for an Android Native Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with other experienced Android Native Mobile Developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Android Native Developer
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing high-end Android applications.
- Testing, enhancing, and maintaining smartphone and tablet applications.
- Deploying and provisioning the final applications on the respective store and markets.
- Participating in the design, development and test phases of the application.
- Learning new cross platform frameworks and technologies.
- Consuming existing web services through smartphone applications.
- Documenting all work involved.
- Supporting flexible working hours when necessary.
- Working internationally in various countries including Serbia, Malta, Middle East and Africa.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A Computer Science Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience developing mobile UI.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Android SDK.
- Experience with mobile app deployment on App Store and Google Play Store is considered a plus.
- A high level of motivation.
- A good understanding of cloud services.
- Experience working on social networking and/or location-based services.
- Experience in Agile software development and scrum methodology.
NOTE: We require all experience levels. So if you do not meet all criterias but you are interested in the sector and the world of IOT please still apply.
More details can be found at https://www.handsonsystems.com
Where are we based?
Our Serbian office building is located in Niš, in an attractive location a few meters away from all amenities. We also have offices in Malta and Italy.
Our promise to you
- Competitive and fair salary that reflects your education and work experience
- Opportunity to work in a multinational company with offices in Malta, Italy and Serbia
- Possibility to travel to Malta for training course with experienced team
- Working in a new but professional environment, where you can learn and grow with the team
- Working in cooperation with experienced team from Malta
- Working on exciting and challenging projects
- Use of modern technologies and devices in everyday work
- Agile environment and methodology
- Flexible work hours
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Modern and cozy office space near the city center (Niš - Duvanište) with lots of amenities nearby (cafes, supermarket, bakery, restaurants, free parking space)
- Fully equipped kitchen, including coffee, other refreshments and fresh fruits
What does a selection process look like?
We will contact short-listed candidates for an interview to cover both HR and technical aspects related to the respective position. The interview will take about an hour. If the interview goes well, there will be a technical evaluation. Depending on the role there could be a technical assignment either covered through a second interview or through an offline technical exercise which would need to be submitted by a stipulated date. After that task, successful candidates will receive an email with an offer.
Send us Your application!
Does the world of IoT and Telematics interest you? If yes, please send us your application, CV and example projects.
Please be sure to include links to your clickable project references or Github account.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this position.
HandsOn Systems is an international technology company specialising in the following areas: GPS Tracking and Fleet Management Usage Based Insurance RFID Asset Tracking and Inventory Management Task and Dispatch Management Software Through our years of experience and dedication, we are helping the world to develop into an efficient, modernized, reliable, smarter and safer place.Više o poslodavcu