Do you find the financial markets exciting? Does using technology to develop complex and demanding solutions appeal to you? Then look no further… Come make your career with us!
FISTM Front Arena
At FIS Front Arena we have been building systems for financial trading, risk management and position control for 30 years. Our systems enable banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions make critical decisions with confidence, execute their orders and follow up their positions independent of the asset class: stocks, commodities, rates or FX. Whether the trade is done through an exchange or over the counter, we’ve got it covered. But that’s just part of the story. In short, we support the whole electronic trading process from sell-side to buy-side and front-to-back.
What you will be doing
You will be part of our Professional Services team with focus on building applications that will be used to provide managed services to our global client base.
We are currently building a new managed service for which we will develop new set of applications. As a developer in the team you will be challenged with a wide range of tasks, spanning from design to development and maintenance of key integrations that are critical for daily operations of many global clients. We offer you technical and functional challenges, where understanding customer requirements and solving problems is an integral part of the job. The development mainly involves using Python and our proprietary integration frameworks and languages that facilitate easy integration and help shorten time to market.
In this cross-functional agile team, you will take full responsibility for the solution which includes continuous improvements and innovation. We believe that the best solutions are built if you can be proud of what you produce! By working closely together the clients you will get a deep understanding of market needs.
What you bring
- M Sc. in Computer Science or similar degree.
- 3+ years of software development
- Strong programming skills in object oriented languages; Python or similar
- Relational database experience
- Ability to contribute in an international based team structure
- Drive to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
- An analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude to problem solving
- Driven and enjoy influencing the direction of your own development
- Collaborative and like to share knowledge
- Constantly challenging existing mindsets and ways of doing things for the better
- Experienced with working in agile teams using continuous delivery practices
- End user focused and passionate about user experience
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in financial markets
- Experience with Test Management, Test Coverage Planning, Regression Testing
- Experience with Testing Frameworks E.g. Robot Framework
- Experience using the Microsoft technology stack
- Experienced with Front Arena
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 24 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
But most of all we expect you to have a genuine interest in solving technical and financial related problems and working with software development! We are passionate about our work, but we also know that life balance is important and that a fun workplace breeds creativity and innovation!
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered)
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Deadline for applications: 19.12.2018.