Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
Hero is currently looking for an embedded software/firmware engineer who is very passionate about building great products that can help our members manage their medications on a daily routine. You will be a part of the growing, fast-paced and collaborative team. You will work closely with the cloud, hardware and manufacturing teams to develop the software/firmware in C/C++ for the entire product. Your contribution will be an essential part of the success of the company.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of IoT architecture and interaction between device, cloud, front-end
- Advanced knowledge of embedded systems components like RTOS, file system, database, user interface, drivers etc.
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Knowledge of Wifi technologies, router configurations, electromechanical systems and embedded systems.
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to pinpoint problems by analyzing the logs from device & cloud
- Working in fast paced, high growth start-up environment in IoT industry
Role & Responsibilities
- Possessing specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software
- Providing technical support to Membership Experience and Compliance teams within the organisation
- Managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Troubleshooting, identifying and resolving technical issues
- Delivering regular and customised training to teams within the business
- Developing reports for teams across the business
- Participating in engineering meetings to understand the functional requirements of new features and products and its basic operation