Backend Developer / Business Systems Developer
HBI Technologies is looking for a Backend Developer / Business Systems Developer to join our operations team. We’re looking for motivated critical thinkers who love creating simple solutions to large complex problems and engaging in out-of-the-box thinking to solve real-world problems. This individual will help design, implement and support integrations between our various software platforms and databases. This is not a full stack position. It is only back end development. This role will be working with vendors in Serbia and a team in the United States. This role will report to the business systems manager in the United States.
HBI Technology is daughter company of Happiest Baby, Los Angeles (California), rapidly growing, VC-backed, technology company – creator of the world’s first robotic bassinet. We are on a mission to help parents succeed at raising happy and healthy, children.
- Design, document, develop and test integrations between our backend business systems. This includes various billing, ecommerce and database systems, such as Shopify, Chargify, Zendesk and AirTable.
- Support existing integrations and services, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and modifications to existing functionality
- Work with the front-end development team to implement various projects
- Determine current software capabilities and communicate capabilities to management
- Work with different departments to gather integration requirements, propose, build and test solutions to business problems
- Learn how to program API integrations using Tray.io, a low-code development platform
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Solid software engineering and computer science fundamentals (data structures, object-oriented design, etc.)
- 5 years of relevant experience
Nice to have:
- Experience working with REST-based APIs is a plus
- Experience with software design, implementation and deployment is a plus
Deadline for applications: 26.02.2019.