T-Base Communications is looking to fill multiple positions for remote work.
- Learning a custom built software to create accessible documents for the blind and low vision consumer in the education marketplace.
- Working within MS Word to format and proofread documents that have been initially processed and transcribed using the custom built software. This includes: receiving documents in a PDF format, running documents through the proprietary software, following the rules, guidelines and prompts to make decisions regarding the formatting of the documents.
- Producing tactile graphics using graphic software to transform print illustrations, maps, images, diagrams, etc. into readable tactual format for the blind.
- A minimum of a 2 year college diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- This is an entry level role; some previous experience working in an office or production setting would be an asset.
- Experience in writing reports and document structuring is an asset.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat, PDF
- Experience working with graphic software, such as InDesign or Corel Draw, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of braille and/or accessible formats would be considered an asset
- Strong proof reading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and troubleshoot problems and issues.
- Well organized and have logical problem solving skills
- Good relationship and team building skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Desktop publishing skills would be considered an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to learn things quickly
- Ability to manipulate word, learn a user interface to create tactile graphics or document layout formatting
- Ability to learn technical details and provide feedback on user experience for the tools used
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish would be an asset
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and motivational letter to our Director of Human Resources Christine Roy electronically.
Salary: $US 5.50 per hour based on 37.5 hours per week
PLEASE DO NOT include your photo, date of birth or marital status!
- Kanada, Inostranstvo, 885 Meadowlands Drive East, Suite 401, K2C 3N2