C# (.NET) Chief Software Architect
We're running an Online Hiring Event on this Saturday, to hire C# (.NET) Chief Software Architects ($100K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a C# Chief Software Architect, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as faster, easier, code cleanup, or an auto unit test team. You may also be in the role of a product Chief Architect, responsible for a product’s quality and weekly release.
Our organization is constantly acquiring new companies and their products. As a result, our code cleanup team is responsible for increasing the quality of coding products we acquire by; capturing anti-patterns and solving them, implementing microservices, and ensuring our products follow SOLID principles. Chief Software Architects will have daily and weekly targets to work against. We measure the quality of work through our First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that the Product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the engineers immediately without having to ask for a rework.
The auto unit test team generates unit tests using automation. The team builds, extends, and introduces new tools to improve automated test generation. One of the roles of a Chief Architect within the bulk unit test team is to find patterns that can be applied to any C# project.
The easier team rebuilds the user interface of legacy products in our standard tech stacks and build new screens with a modern UI and enhanced usability. The team also creates the REST API layer required to connect the new UI with the product legacy backend and business logic. You will also be required to deliver UI unit tests, REST API unit tests and integration tests, and functional browser compatibility testing.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer in C#.net
- 1+ years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience leading or mentoring junior developers
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
- Proven experience with performing code reviews and/or mentoring sessions (has dedicated a minimum of 25% of monthly time on this activity)
- At least 2 years of working experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experienced using Jira and Git
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Has worked with back-end technologies and latest development frameworks
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
- VS2017(.NET Core 2.0)
- SQL Server 2012+
To apply for a role at Crossover, you will go through a series of online tests, usually during the online hiring event. If you pass these tests, you will be offered the opportunity to participate in our four-full-time week Bootcamp training program. This is elite training taught by our top instructors.
Here’s what our graduates have to say about Bootcamp:
"I am very pleased to say that because of Crossover's unorthodox and unique way of transferring the knowledge through (Paired sessions, coaching sessions with CSMs), I have never been more confident in my technical skills and abilities for my role."
"The CTO Bootcamp was another thing that motivated me. I wanted to see how CTOs across the globe work and learn from them."
"I've been with the company since Aug (been part of the second Bootcamp) and since then I've learned SQL, databases, servers, tapes, other content management systems etc- and that's only been in 3 months. Usually when I'm in a new company, I learned a lot about their platform, their tools etc during the length of my time with them but never at this speed!"
It is offered as soon as you want to get started. You will be compensated for 40 hrs/ week at the hourly rate for the role you are applying to. Bootcamp training is an excellent opportunity to learn about our culture, expectations, tools, processes, and procedures. It's an intensive and demanding program, but every graduate is guaranteed a job at the end of it.
Join our community of remote professionals!
Deadline for applications: 09.12.2018.