This role will primarily focus on securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to get the customer’s goods delivered on time. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with carriers and other transportation companies. This role combines inside sales, account management, and operational activities to meet the shipping needs of our client’s customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, and referrals).
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers).
- Negotiate price, drive process and improve efficiency.
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements.
- Provide exceptional service to carriers and customers.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system.
- Support the sales department with timely cost quotations, transit times and availability.
- Resolve ad hoc logistics issues.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Inostranstvo, 4343 Old Grand Ave Suite 106, 60031 Gurnee, IL