Project Engineer – Civil Structure
Opportunity to continue to grow your career within a team of highly qualified international experts
Put your stamp on a new greenfield project with a strong digital and automation focus
Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
This full-time permanent role is based in Belgrade. I band.
About the role
We are looking for a Project Engineer – Civil Structureto provide Owner Team’s engineering service and supports for engineering and construction activities of the assigned discipline in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the project goal and objectives.
Reporting to the Manager - Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Participates and takes a leading role in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work;
- Leads and coordinates with PMC counterparts, design engineers and technician to identify and specify Rio Tinto requirements in terms of standards and process ensuring all electrical and Instrumentation design is in full compliance with Rio Tinto’s and Serbian safety standards and regulations.
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems, makes design recommendations, and applies complex problem solving techniques to resolve issues.
- Drives improvement of the Project’s value and capital effectiveness including structural standardisation, material standardisation, and design simplification in a way that is aligned and consistent;
- Facilitates and drives improvement of the Project’s value and capital effectiveness including electrical standards, equipment standardisation, material standardisation, and design simplification in a way that is aligned and consistent;
- Ensures and approves all electrical and instrumentation designs including both temporary and permanent are fit for purpose and handed over in a manner that meets the long term needs of Jadar operation and agreed Engineering Data Management (EDM) requirements;
- Effectively manages project interfaces, specifically between RSE, Energy and Minerals, and the PMC by leading and continuously collaborating and influencing with the appropriate stakeholders;
- Participates and takes a leading role in a broad engineering assignment, including technical, studies and site investigations (includes relevant requirements needed such as permits, etc.).
- Provide mentoring/development in practical skills and identification of electrical hazards to both Projects and Operations as required;
- Ensure safety standards, processes and procedures are in place and adhered to for electrical engineering and construction.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering (civil or structural)
- Post Graduate Project Management Desirable
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Owner or EPCM team
- Experience on mega projects >$1bn
- Understanding and applying defined standards and guidelines, to everyday operations to ensure a safeand productive work environment
- Identifying opportunities for optimisation by using process improvement techniques and tools
- This role will be required to demonstrate highly developed problem solving skills to resolve complexengineering issues to meet the demands of the technical, schedule and cost related aspects
- A significant amount of travel is required for this position. The engineering for the process plant predominantly carried out in South Africa
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. It is aunique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia,containing jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicatemineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where thismineral can be found. Incidentally, jadarite has a similarchemical composition to the fictional kryptonite ofSuperman fame. Jadar has been ranked as one of themost significant lithium deposits in the world and ifdeveloped, has the potential to supply a substantialamount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid.
Jadar is a combined mine and mineral processing greenfield project. When developed, Jadar will be amodern underground mine with efficient processingplant and sustainable waste facilities.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23