Clearstone SIRA Ltd. is a multi-disciplined engineering consulting company that delivers custom environmental solutions to the upstream oil and gas industry. Combining hands-on field testing and root cause evaluations with in-house simulation tools, design capabilities and data management systems; we provide a unique blend of expertise focused on air emission assessments, greenhouse gas reductions, energy efficiency and environmental engineering.
Clearstone has an immediate opening for one
Senior Software Developer
to supports its growing list of projects related to climate change solutions and air pollution control.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing, designing, and coding complex modules to functional and technical standards
- Ensuring the technical solution meets business objectives
- Assisting in implementing new multi-tier code using .NET and new Microsoft technologies
- Performing unit testing
- Contributing to product design and technology direction
- Working with team members to improve group processes and set standards
- Providing technical mentoring and coaching to other developers and
- Drafting of technical documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in a technical discipline with over four (4) years of progressive software development experience and a minimum of six (6) years C#, VB, .Net development experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An open-minded, ego-free approach to problem resolution
- Excellent understanding of Object-oriented design
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- The ability to mentor other developers
- The ability to identify and implement solutions to problems with a minimum amount of supervision
- Willingness and initiative to improve solutions and,
- Technical leadership skills.
The following skills are nice to have:
- Understanding of the upstream oil and gas industry
- Test-driven / Behavior-driven, and/or Functional programming experience
- Experience with Subversion
Closing date: 29.02.2012.
Clearstone thanks all applicants for their interest but regret
we can only notify those who are selected for an interview.