Morava Corridor Motorway Project (the Project), developed by the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure (MoCTI) and located in the West Morava Region of Serbia, is approximately a 112 km length alignment and connects the country from Preljina to Pojate. Construction of the Project will be conducted by Bechtel ENKA UK Limited. The preliminary design of the Project has started in September 2019.
Within the Public Relations, Sustainability and Community Relations Department, under the direct supervision of the Department Manager and/or the Community Relations Lead, the CRO is appointed to engage and interact with local communities, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders in the area of responsibility, so that awareness is raised about Project preparation and execution, with a special focus on daily activities. The CRO in engaging with community and stakeholders will see that proposals, concerns and issues are duly addressed. The CRO shall also interact with any persons and organizations, which are not directly affected by the Project, but show interest in it.
Duties and responsibilities of the CRO:
- Identify, and map out for PR,S&CR Team, local community leaders, villages heads, local and municipal authorities, and all others relevant stakeholders in area of intervention covered under Sector 2 (Krusevac - Adrani area);
- Collaborate with internal (Project team, Project consultants, contractors) stakeholders in order to create effective communication and strengthen relations;
- Collaborate with external stakeholders (community representatives, rural residents, village heads, village councils, non-governmental organizations, municipal authorities, utilities suppliers, economic actors, etc…) in order to create effective communication and strengthen relations;
- Facilitate and assist Project Team in engaging and interacting with external stakeholders and local community during design, pre-construction and construction phases;
- Liaise and coordinate with external stakeholders to facilitate Project preparation and execution, and to ensure concerns and issues from stakeholders and/or local communities in area of intervention are known, identified and addressed appropriately by Project Team.
- Support in developing communication tools for disseminating information and communicating with stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver written and verbal messages to various stakeholders to identify concerns and recommendations, and act as a representative of the Project in local community relations.
- Meet with project neighbours and local residents to update them on construction progress and handle issues with the local residents that arise in the field
- Recommend appropriate measures/action plan as a result of interaction with external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication to achieve tasks.
- Provide information on environment, social and safety subjects to external stakeholders in area of intervention, as required by the Environmental and Social Mitigation and Monitoring Plan, assist and support Project Team in implementing and performing activities and measures as defined in various Project plans and procedures (e.g. Stakeholder Engagement Plan, Project Grievance Mechanism, Traffic Management Plan, Security Management Plan, etc…);
- Bear responsibility for handling complaints: report complaints from individuals, local communities and stakeholders and track, in accordance with the Grievance Management System procedure/plan, and report on complaints to the SSP Manager and/or the Community Relations lead, and support in addressing and finding solution to the complaints;
- Liaise and collaborate, when necessary and in area of intervention, with the Employer Team and/or representatives in Project related activities, especially with respect to RLRF and RAP execution and monitoring;
- Prepare reports on activities to the Sustainability and Social Performance Manager and/or the Community Relations Lead, participate in coordination meetings and be ready to perform any tasks as assigned by the PR,S&CR Manager or Project Management Team.
- Serbian native speaker with proven written and verbal fluency in English;
- Educational background in social, legal, communication or closely related domains;
- Experience of delivering effective community relations in a high-profile and complex project, experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate in a compelling, concise and creative way
- Strong organization and time management skills; a self-starter who can provide results
- Sound judgment, discretion, ethics, and ability to collaborate with diverse, global team members
- Ability to engage others across disciplines and at various levels of the organization and develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to deliver “on-the-ground” community relations solutions
Bechtel ENKA UK Limited Ogranak Beograd
Morava Corridor Motorway Project developed by the Ministry of Construction, Transport, and Infrastructure (MoCTI) and located in the West Morava Region of Serbia, is approximately a 112 km length alignment and connects the country from Preljina to Pojate. Construction of the Project will be conducted by Bechtel ENKA UK Limited.Više o poslodavcu