- Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
- Full-time role, fixed term contract, based in Loznica
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
The Community and Social Performance (CSP) Project Coordinator will be responsible to design and implement community partnerships and initiatives which are mutually beneficial, for local community and Jadar project. The role focusses on a range of technical CSP related disciplines, including
- Community relations ;
- Local content and Regional Economic Development and community investment programmes;
- Socio-economic impacts and mitigations;
- Livelihood restoration programmes ;
- Collaboration with other technical teams to ensure Communities and Social Performance risk management is being addressed through development and implementation of appropriate community partnerships and initiatives;
- With guidance from the CSP manager and Principal advisor, you will:
- Identify and respond to local community and stakeholder issues by developing and implementing programmes that support broader livelihood;
- Ensure that community programs and partnerships are aligned with the Partner to Operate Jadar project model, support business objectives and builds medium and long term support for the project;
- Collaborate across different teams to understand Jadar’s needs and priorities are being met by the community programmes and
- Identify partners and build partnerships for delivery of programmes
- Implement monitoring and reporting of programmes progress, milestones &
- Manage and maintenance of community investment programmes and community engagement team stakeholder registers;
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with the host and surrounding communities by actively participating in the local community through strong engagement and communication;
- Contribute to/or develop with community partners and stakeholders, programmes or activities which address areas of mutual interest, addressing social risks/needs while contributing to the resolution of different CSP situations and
- Manage and supervise the work of consultants/partners (teams or individuals) as the need arises;
What you’ll bring
- Safety Mindset
- Bachelors’ Degree in any relevant field e.g. Communications, Public Relations, business, Economic Development
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on and operational roles, not necessarily in, but associated with communities and social performance
- Fluency in Serbian. Fluency in English will be an asset.
- Experience in project management, strong analytical and project management and implementation skills;
- Knowledge of local context, economy and livelihood with comprehensive understanding of potential key partners (CSOs, NGOs, community groups and associations);
- Basic knowledge and understanding of local/regional institutions, local government processes and procedures and local legislation;
- Understanding of local socio-economic environment and local communities;
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivated;
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you will be working
The Jadar project is a greenfield Underground mine and process plant development located approximately 40km south-east of Loznica, Serbia. An underground mine, comprising of a production shaft, exhaust shaft, development levels, access to production stopes, mobile mining equipment and associated infrastructure. The process plant is designed to produce boric acid, lithium carbonate and sodium sulfate.
Jadar project commenced the feasibility study in Aug 2020. The project business strategy is to develop Jadar as a core, Tier 1 asset with synergies with Rio Tinto Business, enabling a green future and creating value for both Rio Tinto and Serbia. The project execution goal is to derive maximum value from Jadar for its stakeholders, while also delivering on the promised outcomes.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they We are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23