Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
Role based in Belgrade, Serbia. The role requires to travel regularly to Loznica.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Contract Management Excellence Lead who will be responsible for the operational monitoring and control of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance. The Lead will maintain the company’s standards and ensuring objectives are achieved, including financial ones and provide support to the Procurement and Operational Leaders on contracts deliveries.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will:
- Craft, evaluate, negotiate and execute a wide variety of different contracts covering a range of transactions.
- Create and maintain efficient relationships between contract owners and suppliers and serve as the point of contact for matters concerning contract management methodology and problem solving.
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters.
- Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extension or renewal according to what’s best for the company.
- Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the company itself.
- Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls
- By example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures, and ensure effectiveness of the impact of processes on HSE and operational results. The system should contribute as well to best practices.
What you’ll bring
- BSc in engineering or related field
- Commercial experience
- Leadership skills
- Combination of strategic and operational experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in Serbian and English
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
The Jadar project is a greenfield Underground mine and process plant development located approximately 40km south-east of Loznica, Serbia. An underground mine, comprising of a production shaft, exhaust shaft, development levels, access to production stopes, mobile mining equipment and associated infrastructure. The process plant is designed to produce boric acid, lithium carbonate and sodium sulfate.
Jadar project commenced the feasibility study in Aug 2020. The project business strategy is to develop Jadar as a core, Tier 1 asset with synergies with Rio Tinto Business, enabling a green future and creating value for both Rio Tinto and Serbia. The project execution goal is to derive maximum value from Jadar for its stakeholders, while also delivering on the promised outcomes.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
- Srbija, Beograd, Resavska 23