Most people see an allen key.
You see solutions to people´ s
home furnishing needs.
Core Area Manager, Selling department, IKEA South East Europe
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
- You have formal qualifications in Sales, Business Management, Marketing or equivalent
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in Sales, Customer Experience/Support or similar delivering results
- You have minimum 2 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers and teams
- You preferably previously worked in retail industry
- You have experience in planning, driving output and measuring performance (business and people)
- You are passionate about understanding the behaviors of the many people, the local Life at Home and current Home Furnishing trends and motivated to increasing customer value
- Your knowledge of English language is on proficient level
- You have drive, ambition and will to progress and a strong team working ethic
- You also have ability to prioritize and make decisions with speed and simplicity
About the job
In the role as Core Area Manager, you are responsible for leading and acting as "CEO of the Core Area", optimizing sales, gross margin and profit within the Core Area to enable for extraordinary growth. You will support all channels in Retail foundation, salesmanship and best practice to develop the competitiveness and conversion. Also, you will be responsible for defining the sales strategy to maximize growth and profitability in all channels.
About the assignment
- Lead the Core Area team, taking an umbrella view across departments the core area in question, driving sales and securing peak performance throughout the year
- Responsible to drive the Core Area Business’ though setting the direction based on a deep understanding of the local market needs from a consumer and range perspective using life at home as the base
- Accountable for defining the core area strategy and enabling execution in all channels via Business Leaders through Country Pricing and Sales Planning as key processes
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within Commercial (Customer Experience, Marketing, Food, Home Furnishing & Retail Design and E-commerce) and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact, also with Range & Supply to provide local knowledge input
- Supervise the performance of sales, profit and gross margin in the Core Area to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, and to ensure performance excellence throughout the year. Act on deviations and opportunities to realize business opportunities
- Conduct and coordinate IKEA Stores Functional Reviews and consolidate review outcomes to contribute with identification of improvement areas for each individual unit
- Coach store co-workers throughout the market to develop competence on selling
- Identify and share relevant best practices to optimize way of working throughout all channels in the market
- Contribute with identifying competence gaps (per subject matter area, per unit, across function) in cooperation with subject matter experts within the function
- Take lead in working on sustainability initiatives within selling through ensuring sustainability priorities are reflected across offering (e.g. Energy Efficient Lighting)
IKEA South East Europe is an exciting and empowering region with great growth agenda in all countries – Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine. We currently operate 4 stores and we will open 2 new ones in next 2 years.
We strongly encourage and warmly welcome applications of people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences because we believe that diversity in IKEA makes us stronger.
Join Selling Team now and apply for the position online by 15.02.2020. in English.