Job vacancy in the frame of the Landscape Fire Management in the Western Balkans (LFMWB) Programme:
Landscape Fire Management in the Western Balkans (LFMWB) Programme is looking for an excellent and highly motivated candidate with an interest in working on topics related to forestry and landscape fire management.
The Landscape Fire Management in the Western Balkans (LFMWB) is a project financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation – SDC and coordinated by Farmahem from North Macedonia (acting as a Regional Executive Agency (REA) with backstopping support from Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation from Switzerland. The first phase is designed to be implemented in the period from 01.02.2022 until 31.08.2025. The aim of the LFMWB is to foster regional cooperation, create joint policy settings and develop LFM strategies and guidelines in the WB countries. The overall goal of this LFMWB is to increase the resilience of Western Balkan forests and landscapes against fires benefit the people who depend on these landscapes for their livelihoods and socioeconomic development.
In this role, the candidate will use their expertise and experience in forestry and other related topics to support the implementation of the Programme activities. The candidate is responsible to deliver landscape fire management (LFM) knowledge products. The candidate is requested to contribute to the process of developing a plan for a public awareness campaign and to implement campaign activities at regional and national level. Furthermore, the candidate should interact with the assigned country focal points (CFP) to facilitate the assignment and ensure the timely generation of data from stakeholders on each assignment. The candidate is expected to support the establishment of a fully operational national network on LFM acting as a national science-practice-policy interface and to be an active member in the regional network on LFM. The candidate shall initiate a multi-stakeholder policy dialogue for integrating LFM into broader frameworks at national level.
• Bachelor’s degree (240 ECTS) in Forestry/ Forest Sciences, Environment, Ecology, Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Forest Fires, or closely related fields; Master’s degree would be considered an asset;
• Fluency in English (oral and written) and Serbian (oral and written) is required.
• Knowledge in project/programme management and international experience would be an asset.
• Minimum four (4) years of relevant professional experience in programme/project management, or engagement on forestry and environment issues is required;
• Proven understanding of forestry, forest protection, wildfires, and climate change processes in the Country is required;
• Previous experience in working with international organizations on these topics is considered an asset;
• Demonstrated experience in programme/project design, coordination and management with international organizations is an advantage;
• Experience in IT Microsoft skills.
Type of employment: Full time
Starting Date: September 2022
Type of contract: Individual contract
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to apply electronically with Cover letter stating your interest in and qualifications for the advertised position and CV.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Makedonija, Inostranstvo, Kicevska no. 1