This job requires relocation to Slovakia
Customer Project Technical Principal Engineer
As part of a project team:
- Act as the leader of the technical content of the project, and be the single point of contact regarding all project technical topics;
- Make sure customer technical requirements are fulfilled (in terms of performance, quality, costs and time), in compliance with the contract, and based on the Architecture & Technical specifications defined during the tendering phase;
- Lead a technical team composed of "customer project technical designers and engineers" (. DPT4-DPT5), and ensure technical coordination of all projects stakeholders;
- Coordinate all technical packages of customer complex integrated projects;
- Manage technical risks and interfaces between the project team stakeholders and the customer; and get final customer approval of the overall technical solution designed and delivered.
Scope and environment
- Part of a customer project execution/application center;
- Project technical teams located spread among one or several sites/countries, requiring international collaboration with other functional teams/stakeholders.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Technical team coordination & management:
- Be accountable of design of all technical aspects of an integrated solution, in line with customer and contract requirements (technical performance);
- Make sure the project technical team delivers according to the project planning;
- Monitor technical costs, make sure budget for the technical part is under control;
- Coordinate all technical implementation activities done at factories or supplier premises and testing facilities until project closure.
Technical coordination of project stakeholders:
- Work in close collaboration with PM & other technical designers and engineers who take care of part of the technical scope;
- Act as a single point of contact for all project stakeholders (including customer) regarding the technical content of the project; and ensure technical coordination among the project team.
- Ensure good communication regarding technical status & risks of the project
Design & Implementation: according to her/his field of knowledge,
- Ensure/Validate compliance of the design activities, in order to maximize profitability and limit technical risks
Risk & Opportunity management, Change management, Alert:
- Validate the identification of the potential changes versus contract or already-agreed design;
- Work closely with PM to specify the changes and their implications for Schneider Electric (including cost impact evaluation), until getting a variation order;
- Alert PM and Management of any substancial issue that could affect the project performance or customer satisfaction.
- Lead technical discussions and clarifications with customer;
- Take the proper technical decision to ensure project interest and customer satisfaction;
- Act as the key and trusty contact person for all technical topics related to the project.
Quality process, Methods, Tools:
- Support PM to ensure full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes (especially CPP & TDP), and with quality instructions, safety requirements and governance principles;
- Lead the technical team to correct any technical deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution,
Community of practices & Coaching:
- Take part of Technical Leaders' Community of Practice within her/his Execution Center, or globally within Technical Excellence Community network;
- Identify, get, formalize, share and promote lessons learned and best practices;
- Act as role model and/or coach technical senior engineers;
- Be connected with LoBs and stay tuned on the last technical evolutions of equipment & systems (in her/his field of engineering, acting then as a referent in the Community).
Employee perks, benefits
• Chance to develop your skills within professional environment
• Opportunity to work on interesting international projects
• Providing various type of technical trainings
• Competitive salary
• Notebook, phone
• Package of social benefits:
- Annual bonus
- Life insurance
- Cafeteria system of benefits with budget of 510 EUR/year
- 4 sick days per year
- home office, etc.
Personality requirements and skills
- master's degree in Engineering
- 7 years in leading technical scope of customer projects, or parts of large & international customer projects.
- Technical experience in a specific market segment or in a customer application/process is a plus.
- Ability to lead with agility functional and remote technical teams that have diverse engineering application knowledge.
- Ability to communicate (written, verbal) in concise and synthetic manner on some complex technical issues/topics.
- Ability to convince stakeholders on the needed technical actions
- Ability to learn from others, share her/his knowledge, coach others and collaborate efficiently.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV in English language. We really appreciate your job application. Our priority is to find the best talents on the market and offer a fair and competitive final salary which reflects candidate's experience and professional qualifications. Please mind we will contact only candidates meeting our job requirements.
Thank you for your understanding.
Schneider Electric Slovakia, spol. s r.o.
- Slovačka, Inostranstvo, Karadzicova 16