The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial, and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC’s mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The Data Architect will have a strong focus on transparency with activities, helping identify, design, and document the best mechanisms for information acquisition, processing, distribution, and visualization at tactical and strategic levels.
S/he will also document legacy data-related mechanisms with deliverables such as data flow diagrams, integration models, data models with ICRC’s standard methods. This will take part in the creation of a content library to support our unit’s efforts in improving ICRC’s data management capabilities, communicate with stakeholders about our strategies and collaborate with technical implementation teams from IT.
The ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Centre (BSSC) provides support services to the ICRC’s worldwide operations and is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to analyze, collect and documents business and/or architecture requirements to create actionable strategic insights and propose best scenarios for identified challenges
- Contributes to the future technical roadmaps and data management strategy of the unit
- Ensures high-quality data solutions are delivered in tight collaboration with business team members in an agile fashion
- Owns and creates Conceptual Design statement documents to support business data strategy, including for operational systems
- Documents information models and architecture progress and aligns with process and solution architecture teams to ensure common methodology; ensures the continuity of data model documentation activities together with the other business and data architects
- Identifies synergies in data management mechanisms through common capabilities amongst the Institution’s transformation landscape
- Builds a partnership with our ICT data colleagues and explores ways to demonstrate ideas and solutions
- May manage external resources on some initiatives or project
- May contribute to data strategy
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology and/or data engineering, along with around 4-5 years of experience in data modeling and data flow mapping
- Knowledge of graph databases, data mesh philosophy, data science environments, and processing
- Expertise in data management, i.e. data integration, data quality management, metadata management, data interfaces
- Considerable experience in domains such as Data Architecture, Application Integration, Data Lake design and Data Dictionary, and Business Semantics Management
- Proven experience of project and program delivery methodologies and how architecture integrates into such methodologies
- Experience participating in complex data capability implementations
- Experience in using enterprise/solution architecture tools and techniques
- Familiarity with data science and analytics
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Medjunarodni komitet Crvenog krsta
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial, and independent humanitarian organization that works worldwide to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC’s mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org. The ICRC has been working in this part of Europe since the early 1990s. The organization strives to respond to the needs remaining from armed conflicts in the region. In particular, it seeks to…Više o poslodavcu