The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
TRAK (Trends, Research, Analysis and Knowledge) Unit looks for data and facts assess and validates the credibility of the information and its sources. By applying structured analytical techniques as well as data sciences, the insight provided brings a complementary reading of conflict and violent environments. This contributes to reinforce ICRC stakeholders' confidence to make decisions.
TRAK Unit also contributes to the ICRC's digital transformation, especially by creating a capacity to access, qualify, authenticate, manage, analyze and leverage data to inform and support the ICRC’s humanitarian response.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
TRAK DATA QUALITY OFFICER
He/She will support services for the ICRC’s evolving data analytics activities. This includes data integration, collection, transformation, labelling and quality controls.
- Monitors and modifies portfolio of data sources and enters data in line with guidance
- Retrieves, transforms, consolidates, cleans and structures data of varying quality
- Implements corrective actions and monitors accuracy of medium to high complex data
- Verifies proper application of policies and data quality rules
- Keeps DQC documentation updated
- Improves data quality monitoring processes through automation, where appropriate, and assists in developing data quality monitoring tools
- Contributes to institutional reporting and dashboards by supporting colleagues in delivering reports, revisions and optimization
- Labels data to train machine-learning models
- Documents activities in line with predefined processes
- University degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Econometrics or in any technical field.
- Minimum 3 years’ overall professional experience along with minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of Phyton, SQL experience retrieving data through Web APIs and its large amount automated collection and storage (both structured and unstructured)
- Knowledge of R and Linux would be considered as assets
- Excellent command of English (French would be considered as an asset)
- Ability to understand new business processes and their interplay with software and organizational structure
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 28.02.2019.