Who we are:
Material Exchange is a unique B2B platform that works with leading footwear and apparel brands to digitalize the material sourcing processes. Global restrictions on travel and a shift to digitalization has accelerated the need for digital material data. Material Exchange has a comprehensive library of materials that are required by brands to develop and produce footwear, apparel and accessories. Material Exchange is working towards becoming the next young Swedish unicorn and is adding key hires to its global team.
The Material Exchange database is a highly secure vault containing approximately 40,000 digital materials from some of the largest material suppliers in the world including, Clarino, Tiong Liong Corp, Kuraray and over 350 more. Material Exchange brand customers include Ariat, Keen, Caleres, Steve Madden, Deckers Brands, Global Brands Group and many more.
By leveraging the platform brands can reduce sourcing costs, improve product development timelines and reduce supply chain risks. The platform supports suppliers in better connecting to their brand customers and enables them to find opportunities for new business.
Material Exchange is backed by leading European and International Venture Capital firms including Inventure, Partech, Norrsken VC and DayOne Capital.
We are endorsed by the industries we support with backing from the Footwear Distributors & Retailers Of America (FDRA) and United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA).
Recently, we won the Consumer Trends category at the South Summit Startup Competition 2020 out of 3700+ leading startups.
Material Exchange has a driven and passionate working ethos with a diverse cultural background. You will be joining a highly ambitious organisation at a very exciting time and play a key role in the company’s growth. Our business is international, with offices in USA, Sweden, Serbia, UK, Armenia, India and China.
Summary about the position:
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps engineer who will work directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to test system integrity. You will design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management, test implemented designs. Also, you will build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning and handle code deployments in all environments, monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations;
- Build, maintain and monitor configuration standards;
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks;
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects;
- Manage CI and CD tools with team;
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes;
- Improve infrastructure development and application development;
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company;
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system;
- Providing technical support when requested;
Things we are looking for:
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently;
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management;
- Very good written and verbal communication in English language is a must;
- Excellent team working and communication skills;
- Knowledge of programming languages;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles;
Experience and education:
- Minimum High School degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering or related field;
- Experience with Linux and Windows infrastructures, networking (LAN, WAN), database SQL (Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL), CI/CD tools, scripting such as PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, .NET
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer or operations field;
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations;
- Knowledge of one cloud platform (AWS, Azure);
This position reports to: Head of DevOps
- Young fast growing and dynamic work environment
- Regular company events
- Flexible working location and hours
Equal opportunities employer:
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Annual Base Salary gross: 15k - 18k euro
Type of engagement:
- Full-time employment;
- Working on CET time zone;
- 2 positions;