We’re on a mission to change the relocation industry. Our vision? A moving experience that’s seamless and stress-free. (The way it should be.)
Our next-gen tech helps corporations with employee relocations, moving companies book moves, move coaches get conversions, and everyone deliver exceptional customer service. We offer end-to-end solutions for corporate relocation, supplier bidding, and payments. Our video survey tool is recognized by customers globally as the best way to empower relocatees in the moving process.
Based in the SF Bay Area, we have our European hubs in Belgrade, Serbia and Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and team members all around the world.
We’ve raised our Series A round, and are growing rapidly! You can learn more about us at shyftmoving.com.
About the Position
Shyft is looking for a highly motivated DevOps engineer to help build enterprise solutions and tooling for our client facing products and tools. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the most technologically gifted people in the Moving Industry to solve complex challenges in the architecture of internal, external, and customer facing architectures.
Shyft services internal and external sales teams with SaaS products that allow corporate relocation management companies and moving companies to make video inventories of people’s household goods so that they can get accurate quotes from movers. These inventories are then routed through internal (and external) quoting teams and end up in our proprietary moving company marketplace.
Additionally, Shyft has several web and native applications that are available on the iOS and Google Play app stores, as well as the web, that service customers directly.
All of these different projects need strong support in Dev Ops, and we are looking for a multidisciplinary generalist to help and guide development teams across these different verticals!
This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
We are hiring in Serbia, Bosnia, Europe, or a similar time zone.
- Integrate with each of the development teams with a focus on providing expertise in configuring, running, maintaining, and continuously improving automated procedures to build, deploy, test, and monitor software releases
- Drive effective and efficient collaboration between development, operations, and quality assurance teams
- Participate in all phases of application lifecycle including configuration and release management
- Ensure smooth operation of production and development environments and support in resolving incidents in close collaboration with dev and hosting teams
- Show an analytical and methodical approach for solving complex problems
- Own ideation and communication of the infrastructure roadmap to the development and management teams
- Responsibly manage and communicate costs with an eye towards efficiency
- 5+ years of Dev Ops experience in consumer or enterprise software development, including 2+ shipped projects end-to-end
- Proven track record of successfully deploying CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TFS, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Mastery of virtualization and container platforms such as Hyper-V, VMWare, Docker
- Mastery of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, DSC
- Mastery of deploying and running services on cloud infrastructure platforms (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Mastery of configuring and administrating relational (e.g. MSSQL) and/or NoSQL databases
- Mastery of configuring and administrating applications or web servers (IIS, Tomcat, etc.)
- Ability to work in all networking protocols (ISO/OSI, routing, firewall, VPN)
- Strong understanding of Agile software development
- STEM undergraduate degree required
- Background in payments or SaaS
- Masters Degree
Shyft Moving d.o.o.
Shyft is a technology and logistics company that is transforming the moving and relocation industry. Based in the SF Bay Area and with offices in Belgrade and Novi Sad - Serbia, Shyft is fundamentally changing the moving industry by bringing powerful software to help companies book more moves, increase conversions and deliver exceptional customer service. Shyft is redefining the relocation experience by developing exceptional user experiences, technology and solutions to relocate transferee’s…Više o poslodavcu