Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Global Trading Front Arena Professional Services is looking for experienced functional & quantitative / mathematical minded consultants with technical skills in the areas of scripting and customizing software code. Your role as Consultant is to work with our customers in the delivery of new software and in upgrading current implementations by configuring, customizing and optimizing the Front Arena application and surrounding systems. Much of the time is spent working in a team environment, on-site at the customer, throughout various cities across Europe. Extensive travel can be required.
What you will be doing
Consultants gain valuable experience working first hand with multiple customers in various aspects of the trading environment. This enables the consultant to gain a very broad and deep appreciation of the trading, position management and risk management of all the major asset classes.
- You will analyse current systems and data to identify and understand new requirements, recognizing the need for system enhancements or modifications if necessary.
- You will refine the customer requirements in detail, document and present back in the form of work packages and Front Arena specifications to the client for final approval.
- You will write specifications and develop solutions using Python, SQL and SunGard’s proprietary extension language (AEF).
- You will configure the implemented system and database as required, extensively using Python and SQL. This process will involve the customization of products, pricing, risk calculations, workflows, functionality, etc.
- You will configure, customize, test and analyze advanced financial calculations.
- You will troubleshoot the issues as and when required.
What you bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or similar qualifications
- 2+ years of development experience in Python and SQL or similar languages
- Strong Quantitative/Mathematical skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to contribute in a team based structure
- Proven interpersonal skills – able to communicate well at all levels both internally (Global Trading) and externally (clients)
- Willingness to travel (up to 3 months per year)
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in the financial markets, mainly in the institutional and wholesale domains.
- Expertise in various financial instruments, including but not limited to Equities, Equity Derivatives and Structured Products, Interest Rate and Credit Derivatives, FX/MM and the ability to quickly learn new instrument types.
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 24 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered)
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Deadline for applications: 19.12.2018.