Richmond Community Services
Locations throughout Westchester with full-time availability
Direct Care Professionals
Make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities!
Since 1973, Richmond Community Services, has been supporting people with developmental disabilities. We have numerous opportunities in Westchester for someone to work with our individuals and make a difference.
As a Direct Care Professional (DCP) you will work closely with the residents and day program participants, providing safety, support, and daily care, as well as assisting them with their goals and recreation activities.
NEW!! INCREASED PAY RATES of $17/hour
Who we are:
Richmond Community Services is a nonprofit organization located in Westchester County, Greater New York City area, New York. Richmond has a history of over 80 years of providing services to people with developmental disabilities. We support people with cerebral palsy. Dawn syndrome, autism and many other disabilities. Richmond provides residential services to 181 people and day program services to close to 200 people. The residential services are provided in 16 group homes throughout Westchester County and one large facility that supports 83 people in Yonkers, NY. Richmond also operates two Day Programs, respite services, community habilitation and vocational services.
Richmond is known for supporting people with complex medical needs.
What we need:
We are looking for candidates for Direct Care Professional role. DCP help people with developmental disabilities in group home or day program setting. This includes:
- Personal care (bathing, changing, dressing, feeding, repositioning),
- Support with persons goals and outcomes,
- Support with behavioral plans
- Community outings
- Medication administration
- Driving residents to doctor’s appointments, community or day program
- Light cleaning
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the following fields:
- Social Work
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid drivers license for minimum three years
- Be able to lift 27 kg and push wheelchairs
- Be able to understand, speak, read and write English
- Be COVID vaccinated
What we offer:
- A full-time job (37.5 hours paid a week) in our residential, day program and community services
- Three-year H1B visa (can be extended for another 3 years)
- Three months of free housing and meals
- Transportation from the airport
- Assistance with obtaining social security number and US driver’s license
- Potential for overtime work with 1.5 times hourly rate
Salary and benefits:
- $17/hour (extra payment for evening and night shifts as well as weekends)
- Paid time off (vacation and holidays)-you earn 6.06 hours biweekly (21 days/year) for the 1st year. This increases to 6.36 hours (22 days/year) in years 2-5
- Paid sick time- 12 days a year
- Medical insurance (employee must contribute)
- Dental insurance (employee must contribute)
- Vision insurance (employee must contribute)
- Life insurance (two annual salaries)- no employee contribution
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000 per year) to attend college courses
- Retirement plan (5% of the base salary is put into your retirement account)
What do you need to do to get started:
- You need to send us a copy of your diploma and a school transcript so that your credentials can be evaluated to see if you meet the education criteria
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Copy of your COVID vaccine card (if you are not currently vaccinated, you have plenty of time to get started. You must be vaccinated by your departure to the US date)
How long is the process
- Once we receive your completed documentation, we will pay USCIS (immigration services) for expedited service so that you can be approved in 15 days.
- Once your visa is approved, you need to go to US consulate to have visa stamped in your passport. There is a 7 day wait currently
- Buy a ticket, let us know when you are arriving, and we will get you from the airport
If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or Education (special or regular education) and would like to come to the US to work for three years or permanently, we have a job for you. Join our team and help us provide supports to people with developmental disabilities. You can make a real difference in somebody’s life.
Call us, and we will take care of your H1B visa that is valid for three years. After that time, if you are happy with us and we are satisfied with you, we will sponsor you for permanent residence (green card). First three months, we will provide you with housing and meals. As our team member, you will have medical and dental insurance, paid time off (vacation and sick leave), and we will also contribute 5% of your base salary to your retirement account. If you wish to pursue a master’s degree, we will pay up to $5,000 a year toward your tuition.
You don’t know anything about this line of work or people with developmental disabilities? Don’t worry; we will teach you all you need to know during the onboarding process. You will be paid to learn about your new job.
If you are hard-working and motivated, there is room to grow!
Join our team and truly make a difference!
Richmond Community Services
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Inostranstvo, 272 N Bedford Road