- Ensuring day to day e-commerce operations run smoothly
- 2500 - 3500 USD (based on skills and experience)
- Mid-Senior Level
- 35-40 hours per week / full-time
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home or anywhere you prefer
If this is something that sparks your interest, keep reading ?
We are Vallerret, a fast-growing, Norway based, young brand in the niche of photography.
We design, manufacture and sell premium photography gloves as well as winter apparel & accessories.
Our business model focuses on global e-commerce through our webstores, distributing through a network of retail partners and building and nurturing a thriving tribe of adventurous outdoor photographers who rave about our products.
We are a small remote team of ambitious entrepreneurs who live and breathe winter, photography and photography gloves. Our core values are independence, integrity, growth, and having a problem-solving mentality.
We love what we do and although we may be casual in our meetings, we’re obsessed with making superior products and consistently delivering a 5-star experience to our customers. Always. We have a strong work ethic and expect efficiency and excellence from each other.
Flexible work hours allow for employees to design their lifestyle whilst still being pushed to achieve goals and be stimulated on the work side of things.
It's a start-up-like atmosphere, full of troubleshooting and solving issues. Employees have direct contact with the founders, they are encouraged to be innovative, take initiative and we have a quick path from idea to action. It's Fun, Creative and a Fast pace during our high season.
We are a small team of 4:
- 2 brand founders with many "hats" on: Carl: Head of design and B2B global sales and Stine: Head of Marketing and Accounts
- 1 Marketing Manager,
- 1 Customer Service manager (part-time).
We also work with many contractors/services. I.e Manufacturers, Fulfilment Ops, Photographers / Videographers and Graphic designers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced e-commerce professional who will be responsible for the management of day to day operations, including oversight of shipping and fulfillment, customer service, inventory management and retail order processing.
The Operations Manager will serve as the right hand to the brand founders, and be responsible for overseeing all business functions that don’t fall under the marketing and product development teams’ department. Your mission is to make sure everything in our company is running smoothly.
If you thrive in a start-up-like atmosphere where you can have a big impact and work with talented creative people, this job is for you!
Your main responsibilities as an E-commerce Operations Manager will include:
- Overseeing company operations, including shipping, warehouse integrations, inventory management, customer service, and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Identifying and reviewing performance gaps and taking corrective action, as needed, to ensure the managers of each functional area are delivering on operating goals
- Implementing cost saving measures across operational functions of the business
- Liaising with our partners via phone, email and Zoom - building strong relationships and supporting them as required
- Collaborating with the brand founders to create actionable plans to drive business success
- Processing Retail Orders
- Securing and forecasting inventory
- Following up on shipments
- Implementing new systems that we have identified as needed
Tools we use:
Your First Few Weeks In the Role
Checking our numbers and processes, identifying performance gaps, getting to know our biz, implementing new systems that we have identified as needed and suggesting immediate improvements for focus.
As we get into the high season (Autumn/Winter months) you’ll be focused on solving shipping issues, making sure orders are fulfilled, following up with suppliers, managing staff and providing (and improving) performance reports.
Opportunities for progression:
The Sky is the limit, we are open to new ideas, sales channels, Product lines, Partnerships. Outside of someone able to solve the daily problems and have things run smoothly, we are also looking for someone that can be innovative and proactive.
We are also currently planning the launch of another business so there'll be opportunity to get involved in the running and growth of that business as well so lots to get involved in.
The skills of the most suitable candidate:
- Very good level of English language both verbal and written
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience building, leading, and managing teams, including virtual teams overseas; fostering great company culture, and motivating excellence.
- A driven self starter with a strong work ethic and talent for learning new things quickly.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- A results and growth oriented mindset and a passion for great products and customer experience.
- Experience implementing and using e-commerce SAAS tools including Shopify, ZenDesk, Slack, Zoho, etc.
- Tech savvy - able to jump in and figure out how to use technical tools
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional prioritization skills
- 1-3 years+ in a similar role in an e-commerce business
- Friendly telephone and email communications
Our perfect colleague is:
- A fast learner
- Data driven
- People person
- A great communicator
- Into outdoor hobbies (massive brownie points if you’re into photography!)
Brownie points for:
- Degree in business or finance
- Experience with operational optimization
- Sales skills or experience
- Getting enjoyment from diving deep into the numbers
- In summary, you need to be happy to take on the responsibility of making decisions fast and resolving the issues/complications that arise daily, making phone calls and sending emails in English to our fulfilment partners.
Our vision for you in this role
We hope for this to be a game-changing hire that allows us as founders to be able to step away from the daily grind of operations knowing that you will make sure that the business wheels are turning and everything is on track. You will make good decisions independently (but inform us when needed) allowing us to focus on developing the business.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Flexible working hours with some overlap between 8am and 4pm CET Monday-Friday
- Ability to work from wherever you choose - our HQ is in Norway but you can be anywhere that works for you and the overlap of working hours
- Full-time position
- Remuneration package: 2500 - 3500 USD per month - think you’re worth more? Tell us why
- Paid holiday
- Opportunity for significant growth and advancement both within our current business but also within another exciting business that we’re in the process of launching.
HOW TO APPLY
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
Our high season is approaching so we’re keen to find a really great candidate to come on board this Summer before things get really exciting and busy!
If you apply we’ll respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
As part of the hiring process there will be the following steps:
- Click Apply and fill in the application form
- You’ll be invited to record a short video about yourself - we’ve done one for you at the top of this job post so this is a chance for us to learn just a little more about you. Just the important things like why you’re right for the job and how you take your coffee!
- We’ll then arrange either a short initial interview or we may progress you straight to some in depth test tasks (paid of course)
- Interview and chance to have a detailed discussion with us about the role and the business so we can work out if we’re a good fit for each other
- Reference check
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
PS. Please DO NOT contact us via phone, email or social media to inquire about the application. If your application is a fit for this role we will reach out. :-)
JobRack exists to help Eastern European remote workers get great remote jobs with businesses all over the world.Više o poslodavcu