EHS & Ergonomics Specialist
Division: Magna Seating Aleksinac
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
We quest an EHS&Ergonomics Specialist for our new plant in Aleksinac as soon as possible.
Responsible for ensuring that all safety and environmental standards are maintained and in compliance with State and Local regulations, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 as well as Magna policies.
- Implement of all Health, Safety and Fire Safety as well as Environmental policies and procedures based on the principles of the Magna Employee’s Charter, the Corporate and Divisional Health, Safety and Environmental Policy & Best Practices, as well as being in compliance with State and Local regulations, including ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Ensure a safe work environment by planning, coordinating, developing & implementing health & safety procedures & programs to ensure safe workplace and protect Team Members at all processes implemented at the plant launch faze and later during the production life cycle
- Plan and coordinate internal and external safety trainings (fire trainings, first aid, occupational H&S, environmental etc.)
- Develop & maintain effective communication and coordination with plant management team, plant leaders and Team Members & Emergency Services in the Community
- Maintain positive employee relations; listen to issues and concerns and respond (C48) within 48 hours
- Promote and practice “safety first” by immediately addressing any hazards, defective equipment or unsafe conditions
- Provide counsel and support to Team Members and Leaders on health, safety and environmental matters
- Establish written safety standards and annually update and review these policies and procedures
- Evaluate safety and ergonomic issues in workstation design and layout and in the development stage of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Provide and maintain statistics to assist in continuous improvement in the area of workplace safety and loss control
- Develop & oversee monthly safety and environmental audits, workplace inspections, and report results to division Leaders
- Implement and regular update Risk Assessment process
- Assist with & review all accident/incident investigations, including near miss and property damage investigations (as needed) and provide leadership in developing and implementing corrective actions
- Develop & implement HSE Committee & Ergonomics Team & coordinate and attend all meetings and activities of such teams. Provide necessary administrative support to Health, Safety and Environmental Committee & Ergonomics Team
- Coordinate the selection of personal protective equipment (PPE) and appropriate fit testing of such items
- Ensure that the Health and Safety portions of the Action Plan resulting from the Employee Opinion Survey are completed in a timely fashion
- Implement and coordinate recycling program and spill control team
- Monitor Material Safety Data Sheets (MDS) and ensure they are updated
- Coordinate sampling, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams
- Ensure all Health, Safety, Worker’s Compensation & Environmental documentation is maintained
Education and Experience
- High education in safety or technical engineering or equivalent experience in an industrial environment - Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety and Health preferred
- Three to five years experience in health, safety and environmental field, preferably in an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of State and Local regulations
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Safety, Health and the Law
- Fluency in English is required
- Fully PC literate – strong MS skills
- Highly self motivated and flexible
- Must be a team player and promote a team approach to problem solving
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Must be capable or working under pressure and with short completion times on projects, and of working flexible hours in order to meet both internal and external requirements
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact
- SAP is an advantage
- Occupational Health & Safety Certification defined by the Law
- Fire Safety Certification defined by the Law
- First Aid and Emergency Exercise
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001)
- IATF 16949 is an advantage
- Ergonomics will be an advantage
- Appropriate salary, depending on your specific qualification and professional experience
- Long-term and stable position in a growing, international company
- Interesting and versatile job scope and working conditions in a dynamic team with international networks
- Excellent personal development opportunities
You are willing to invest your personality, your energy and your time to tasks be worthwhile to invest?
In fun making and contemporaneous challenging tasks? We are looking forward to your application!
Dear candidates, please direct your CVs in English only.
Deadline for applications: 21.04.2020.
Magna Seating d.o.o. Odžaci
Kompanija Magna Seating je otvorena u Odžacima 2012. godine, i od tad proširuje proizvodnju kombinujući duh inicijative i vrhunsku operativnost, sa brigom o pojedincu, društvu i životnoj sredini. Verujemo da je ključ našeg uspeha zapošljavanje motivisanih ljudi, sa različitim talentima, obrazovanjem i iskustvom. Sa pravim ljudima na pravom mestu, očekujemo da ćemo i dalje biti prvi izbor našim kupcima. Ovakav pristup, u kombinaciji sa našim vrednostima, čine našu kompaniju odličnim mestom za rad.Više o poslodavcu