About the Role:
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
WSP's Energy Team are looking for EHV Electrical Substation Design Engineers to support WSP in the design of a range of EHV projects including both AIS & GIS substations at voltages ranging from 11 – 132 kV.
The role will be based in either Newcastle or Leeds, with UK visits to client offices and sites as required.
A typical week would include:
- Designing EHV substations across full project life cycle, from feasibility studies to detailed design for Contractors. The role is focused on primary plant but knowledge of secondary systems design will be an advantage.
- Visiting EHV substations to assess project requirements, and then produce detailed design drawings for all aspects of the project from 11kV switch rooms up to 132kV compound layouts.
- Attending site meetings and provide ongoing design drawing changes / support as required during project build.
- Engineering support for Design Supply and Construct projects.
- Reviewing designs produced by Independent connection providers (ICP’s)
- Engineering support for ICP’s
- On completion of projects, conduct a review to identify any failures, non-conformances and preventable problems
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience in the design of both AIS & GIS substations up to 132kV
- Knowledge of engineering standards for EHV Plant, substations (including earthing and electrical clearances).
- Undertake the role of ‘Designer’ under the CDM regulations.
- The ability to design EHV substations with CAD systems and use of document control system.
- An ability to interpret technical documentation relating to the design of electrical substations.
- Ability to manage and prioritise work to ensure project timescales are met
- Strong team working culture
- An ability to work flexibly across a broad range of substation projects
- Possess good problem solving skills and an ability to make decisions relating to the production of substation designs.
- The necessary background experience and technical knowledge to attain Competent Person status as defined in the client Distribution Safety Rules to facilitate personal access to operational sites
What if we can?
- What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
- WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
- As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
- Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
- Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
- WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
- We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
- Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.
- Please note that WSP reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
- , ,
- Matični broj: 01383511