UNICEF Serbia Country Office is looking for qualified candidates for the following staff position, which is subject to receiving approval of the new office structure for the next Country Programme (2021-2025), to be received from the Regional Office in October 2020. If approved, the position start date will be January 2021.
Education Officer (Inclusive Education), Fixed-term, NO-B, Serbian nationals only
Ref. Number: VN 46 – 534633
Providing quality education for all is one of the top priorities for UNICEF in Serbia. Through different initiatives, including all levels of governance, UNICEF has been advocating for every child’s right to inclusive quality education. UNICEF has provided coherent technical assistance and policy advice to secure inclusive policy development and to improve education quality, through introduction of new mechanisms for improvement of education quality and demonstrating mechanisms and implementation modalities at the national, local and school levels in the area of early learning, inclusive education, drop-out and violence prevention, etc. At the policy level, UNICEF has supported the development of a relevant legal framework supporting equal educational opportunities, development of a comprehensive framework for monitoring and evaluation of inclusive education in Serbia, as well as institutional development and strengthening for inclusive and quality education. In addition, UNICEF supports research initiatives and analytical work aimed to inform policy development.
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, the incumbent will support the implementation of the Education programme priorities in the areas of Inclusive Education, Antidiscrimination and Violence Prevention, as well as the efforts of different stakeholders toward building a more inclusive education system, including through cooperation with EU.
Key functions and accountabilities:
- Provide support to programme development and planning
- Conduct programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Provide technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Engage in networking and partnership building
- Engage in innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- A university degree in one of the following fields: human science, preferably education, pedagogy, psychology, sociology, or other humanities. Advanced degree will be an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in education policy in Serbia in the area of inclusive education (education policy planning, management, and/or research in education).
- Proven experience with implementation of large reform projects in the education sector (education quality, education inclusion, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of the Serbian education system and Serbian education policies.
- An established network of partners in the area of Inclusive Education.
- Experience with projects implemented in cooperation with national institutions.
- Proven knowledge of all relevant regulations in the field of education/inclusive education.
- A high level of ethical awareness and integrity.
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively.
- A result-driven attitude with the ability to manage ambiguity.
- Fluency in both English and Serbian.
- Experience in EU-funded projects and knowledge of rules and procedures related to EU-funded projects will be an asset.
- Experience in education research and surveys will be an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application through UNICEF Vacancies webpage.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For every child, you must demonstrate UNICEF's core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s office is accessible to a certain extent, and employees are entitled to reasonable accommodations that are needed for ensuring equitable working conditions.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore undergo reference and background checks.
- Srbija, Beograd, Svetozara Markovica 58, 11000 Beograd
- PIB: 108566241